During the busy holiday season it is helpful to have extra gift cards on hand for those unexpected gift-giving events! With just a few pieces of paper, you can create pretty and functional gift card holders and matching envelopes.
1. Cut Stardream Metallic Lapis Lazuli Cardstock to 4" x 8 1/4". (You can make two (2) holders from each 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock!)
3. Use die cut edger templates to cut a shaped edge along one short side. Use a circle punch to punch a notch on the opposite edge. Orient the cardstock as shown. (See the supply list below for all supplies used.)
4. Cut decorative paper to 2 7/8" x 3 7/8" and attach to the center panel. Place Scor-tape on the bottom, outside edges.
5. Fold the bottom along the score line and secure to form a pocket.
6. Cut decorative paper for the top and bottom panels and attach. (Without the decorative edges, cut paper for the top panel to 2 7/8" x 3 7/8". For the bottom panel, cut paper to 2 1/8" x 3 7/8".)
7. Fold the top panel down on the score line. (Panel shown here with a scallop decorative edge.)
8. Stamp a sentiment onto Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock with brown ink. Cut out the sentiment with a circle die or punch.
9. Cut a slightly larger circle from Stardream Metallic Azalea Cardstock. Attach the pink circle to the stamped sentiment. Attach the sentiment to the right side of the gift card holder with foam adhesive.
10. Place a gift card into the pocket.
11. Use an envelope punch board to create an envelope for a 3" x 4" card. This size envelope requires a 6" x 6" piece of paper, which makes it a great use for 6x6 paper pads!
12. Create another gift card, in a vertical orientation. You can create a belly band from a strip of Stardream Metallic Silver Cardstock and a piece of snowflake ribbon. (I also pulled out some tag punches to create the sentiment "blocks.")
13. Create a pocket from another piece of Stardream Metallic Silver Cardstock, trimmed with a decorative edge die.
14. Create a matching envelope, but glue the envelope flaps to give you a vertical orientation.
This project is the perfect way to use up some of the Christmas paper in your stash!
Thanks for looking!
Stardream Metallic Lapis Lazuli Cardstock
Stardream Metallic Azalea Cardstock
Stardream Metallic Silver Cardstock
Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock
Double-sided Foam Adhesive Squares
Stamps: Power Poppy Simple Joys, Holly Golightly
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black
Dies: Spellbinders Curved Borders 2, Standard Circles Large, Small
Punches: Stampin' Up
Punch board: We R Memory Keepers Envelope board
Paper: My Favorite Things Plaid Patterns Merry and Bright, Dream Street Papers Wonderland, Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium, My Mind's Eye Light Dusting
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon snowflakes on silver grosgrain