Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Really Reasonable Ribbon December Blog Hop

If you are looking for the Gypsy Sould Laser Cuts Tutorial, please click HERE.


It is ribbon time again! I told you last month that I was away at Copic Boot Camp during the hop...well, I survived! I learned a TON at camp and have been coloring as much as possible since I got back!

I am here with the Really Reasonable Ribbon December Blog HopYou should be coming to my blog from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog. (For the complete blog list, scroll to the bottom of the post.) After visiting me, hop over to the spectacular Ginny's Blog next! 

Here is a peeky at the RRR December Ribbon Club Assortment. This assortment is called Winter Blues.
I love blue and silver! It is such a beautiful combination! I decided to embrace the blue with my project this month!
I picked through my stash of blue Christmas papers to find a few that were...snowflake-ish! I don't buy much snow-themed paper since I live in southern California, where snow is only seen way up in the mountains. (And I avoid snow like the plague!) However, I found a few snowy papers to compliment my ribbons!
The image is a digital stamp from Power Poppy called Acorn Ornaments. I printed the image onto white cardstock and then used a fun technique (learned at Copic Camp) to add the background. 

To achieve this look, you paint onto the background with a Copic BV29 markder and a waterbrush filled with Blender Solution. (Scribble the marker onto a piece of acetate and pick up the color with the waterbrush - or in this case the alcohol brush.)

The BV29 "breaks apart" into the various colors used to make up the marker. (I see blue, pink, and purple.) After the ink dries, I add Blender Solution of a piece of burlap and press that onto the background, which gives a fun design!

I allowed all the ink to dry, and then colored the ornaments with Copics. To acheive this background, you must do the background FIRST to avoid "texturizing" your main image!
To create my stacked bow I used the Capri Blue Delicate Stitched Satin and the Mixed Blue Confetti Dots Grosgrain from the Ribbon Club. I added Icicle Metallic Baker's Twine to the top of the ribbon bows. I snuggled a metal bell under the ribbon, for that Christmas jingle! 

Thanks for stopping by today! Now, hop over to Ginny's Blog to see what she has for you!

Here is the RRR Blog Hop Order in case you get lost!

Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings

I am entering my card into the Power Poppy Power and Spark Challenge - Sweet Treats. My "treat" is this card, which will have a gift card inside.  


Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon December Ribbon Club (Capri Blue Delicate Stitched SatinMixed Blue Confetti Dots Grosgrain), Icicle Metallic Baker's Twine
Cardstock: CutCardStock Basis BlackHammermill Color Copy Digital White, blue cardstock unknown
Designer paper: Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet, Dream Street Papers Wonderland, Bo Bunny Elf Magic
Stamps: Power Poppy Acorn Ornaments, Poinsettia
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers: Copic (Blender solution, colorless blender, BV29, B12, B14, B16, B37, C00, C01, C03, C05, C07, C09
Die cuts: Spellbinders Scallop Classic Large; My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Stax, Fishtail Stax and Layers
Border punch: Martha Stewart icicle
Bell: Darice
Other: waterbrush, acetate. burlap
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, Scotch 3M ATG tape runner, Scor-tape, hot glue

12 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and wintry! I love the way you broke up the layers with the icicles below the colored image. Fabby coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What an absolutely GORGEOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beauty this is, Gloria! Your boot camp really paid off! Your coloring skills are on point!!! I absolutely adore this card in all its perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Gloria. Beautiful coloring job and I love your bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful blues all showing off the holiday cheer! Great card and ribbons! Thanks for all the inspiration this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wintry blues! tjigo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. I like the jingle bell with the bows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, I love blues and silvers together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! The background looks awesome and the ribbon is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I saw this on the Power Poppy blog and just have to come tell you how pretty I think it is. I love the acorn ornaments and the icicle border and, of course, your pretty ribbons. All such a lovely combination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ACK!!!! Oh I adore this.... blue and silver... my favorite. Fabulous icicle border and beautiful coloring. This is awesome all around! Thanks for playing in our Sweet Treats challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gloria you did such a gorgeous job with this little acorns! Gorgeous blues and beautiful colouring! All paired with that beautiful ribbon too! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete