Monday, August 06, 2018

Pop-up Card for Your BFF - Authentique Sea-Maiden Collection

Good morning, Crafters! I have a NEW Authentique Paper project for you. It is HOT and HUMID here in the San Diego area, and I am sure it's the same for most of you! To help keep us cool, I wanted to make a card that felt like summer at the beach.  
I used the Sea-Maiden Collection to make this pop-up style card. The card is a standard note card size when closed (5 1/2" x 4 1/4"). 
I used some netting (or tulle) behind the main image and then added lots of twine, charms, and flowers to decorate the front. I added some glittery enamel dots to make it look like there were water drops on the card.
All of the flowers and decor are on the closure band! The band is held together by magnets at the back of the card.  
The band comes off easily. 
Once you remove the band and begin to open the card, you start to see the "magic happen"! 
The card "pops" open to reveal an accordion feature suitable for images, journaling, or photos.  
I added a sentiment to the top of the inside panel and a gift card holder to the bottom panel. I used the cut-aparts from the paper to decorate my accordion section. 
I love the colors in this collection, and the images are priceless. However, my favorite paper is the Sea-Maiden Seven sheet...with polka dots on one side and barn wood on the other! Love at first sight! 
I found this sentiment stamp in my stash and it reflects my relationship with a few of my friends. It says: Friends Forever...Mainly because you know too much and you've seen me ugly cry. So funny! 
The bottom panel has a gift card holder that fits a standard-size gift card, or you could put a gift certificate or some cash in there. Or you could use the holder as a pocket for notes or mementos.  
I added a decorative panel to the back of the card just to give it some extra sturdiness.  
Thanks for joining me today! If you need a tutorial for this style of card, I have one on my blog from a few years ago. You can use the same basic directions for this project. See the tutorial HERE


Authentique Supplies Used:

Sea-Maiden 12x12 Paper
Sea-Maiden 6x12 Components Die Cuts

Additional Supplies: 
Embellishments: craft supply (beads, charms, shells)
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Enamel dots: Doodlebug Designs Swimming Pool Glitter Sprinkles, Your Next Stamp White Sugar and Sparkle Gumdrops, Whimsey Stamps
Trims: craft supply (tulle, twine)
Stamps: Reverse Confetti A Friend Like You
Ink: Versafine Smokey Gray, Stampin' Up Sahara Sand
Cardstock: orange, two shades ocean blue, ivory
Dies: My Favorite Things Fishtail Stax and Layers, Tonic Studios Mixed Edge Rectangles, Papertrey Ink gift card pockets
Magnets: Basic Grey
Adhesives: ATG tape, Scor-tape, white glue, hot glue

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous accordion pop up card! This is so fun and what a beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! This is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely card, Gloria! The colors are terrific - very beach-y and refreshing. And the pop-up feature you used is my favorite pop-up! I've done large versions of it in albums and really like the way they add to the interaction.
    Thanks for sharing your ideas and tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria, this is such a wonderful card. Like the pop out design with the great beach scenes--what a great Authentique paper pack. You've got my creative juices flowing...tfs

    ReplyDelete