Monday, February 25, 2019

Glamour Mini Album

Good morning, Crafters! I am going to share my first mini album since my surgery in December! I am using the beautiful NEW Authentique Glamour Collection!
It was so much fun creating this monochromatic mini album! The whole album is black, cream, and a very dreamy blue!
This mini is 6 1/4" tall, 4 1/4" wide, with a 1 1/4" spine. I used a simple tie closure with some lovey ribbon that is sheer with a satin center.
I kept the front very plain, because the paper itself is so lovely! I cut just a portion of Glamour Five paper so that the pretty image was in the lower right corner. Rather than glue on a ton of flowers (like I usually do), I simply allowed the printed paper to be the star!

However...I did painstakingly glue a flat-backed, black pearl to every quilted intersection of the paper! That was a time-consuming and very fiddly job! But, look at how amazing it looks! So rich and glamorous!
There are seven pages (14 sides) with lots of pockets, pull-outs, tuck spots, and flaps.
The front and back inside covers contain a large tag. Plus, several of the pages have side pockets containing photo mats. I was able to use a combination of the 12x12 papers and the 6x6 Paper Pad for this project.
I have used some of the cut-apart images from Glamour Six on a few of the pages. I love when these are sized to fit a 6" x 4" page! 
The punch-outs from the Elements Cardstock Die Cuts sheet make it easy to add some sentiments to the pages.
The back inside cover has the second large tag element. 
If you want to see a walk-through of the whole album, check out the video below!

(Thanks for watching!)
This mini style is a "repeat" of the Down on the Farm Mini that I made last May. I love this style of mini, and by changing up the papers and re-arranging the inside pages, you have a different mini every time!
I kept the spine and the back cover simple, as well. This paper is just stunning, and I wanted to really showcase it!

To make this mini, you will need some chipboard, black cardstock, a few tags, some ribbon, and your paper collections. I kept the embellishments to a minimum, preferring to use the paper cut-aparts and die cuts. If you wish, you can also add the flat pearls to the cover as I did.
Cut three pieces of chipboard for the covers and the spine. The front and back covers are 6 1/2" x 4 1/2". The spine is 6 1/2" x 1 1/4". Place adhesive on the back of each piece. I used Scor-tape, but you can use what works best for you.

Cut black cardstock to approximately 8 1/2" x 12". Remove the adhesive backing from the back of your covers and spine and place the pieces in the center of the cardstock. Make sure you have a 1/8" gap between each cover and the spine. Trim the corners at an angle and place adhesive on the cardstock flaps and on the spine.
Wrap the cardstock around the chipboard. To attach the pages to the book, I made an accordion tab hinge mechanism with three hinges. (There are lots of tutorials on my blog for how to do this. Try this one if you are stuck.) 

I covered the spine (BEFORE adding the hinges) and the inside covers (AFTER adding the hinges) with Glamour Two paper.

I created three page sets for my book. One set for each hinge. By varying the way you cut and fold your pages, you can vary how the inside of your mini looks.
For each of the page sets, I used black cardstock cut to 12" long by 8" wide. I scored down the center in each direction to make panels that are 6" x 4". I cut one section, as shown in the photo above. 
I folded the paper as shown. 
Simply by changing which section you cut, and which direction you fold, you will get different looks to the page sets. (For a detailed set of directions to make this style of page set, check out THIS tutorial.)

Two of the page sections have two pages, and one section has three pages. I added pockets, flaps, and so forth to each section. Each of the page sections attaches to one of the hinges. You will have a total of 7 pages and 14 sides, plus the inside front and back covers. That is a lot of decorating fun! See the video above to get a peeky of all the inside pages! 
Thanks for joining me today! 

Authentique Supplies Used:
Glamour Collection: 12x12 Paper, Elements Cardstock Die Cuts. Bundle 6x6 Paper Pad
Dame Collection: Details Cardstock Stickers, Component Cardstock Die Cuts
Spectrum Cardstock: Blue Hawaii



Additional Supplies: 
Cardstock: WorldWin Midnight 
Chipboard: Grafix
Tags: Graphic 45
Flat-back pearls: unknown
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Satin with Sheer Center (the shade of blue I used is out of stock)
Adhesive: Scor-tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares, white glue, ATG tape

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Album! Love the paper by Authentique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥️♥️♥️Absolutely adore this paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mini is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful mini album here and these amazing papers are just perfect for it too. Beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying to make this mini album, but I prefer to work with pictures of the pages in front of me - I see you have some of the pages as pics, but not all. Can you possibly post pics of the other pages/pockets, etc. as well? This album is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, taking, editing, and posting that many photos is too time consuming. There is a walk through video that you can pause on each page. I hope that helps. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete