Wednesday, April 03, 2019

April CardMaps - Be Your Best You

Hello, Friends! Today I am sharing one of the April CardMaps (from Becky Fleck at PageMaps)!
Here is the CardMap for today:
I have found a new love for making 5" x 7" cards. It is a standard size, making envelopes easy to find! This is such a simple, but pretty card map (sketch) that making a card was EASY!
I used black cardstock to create the card base. The beautiful Authentique Poised paper collection is so lovely and perfect for making Mother's Day cards or birthday cards, or just "thinking of you" cards!  
I flip-flopped the sketch so that the twine is on the right and the sentiment on the left, but kept the rest of the card pretty close to the sketch idea. I used some black twine to make a loopy bow, then attached a heart punch out from the Authentique Poised Die Cut sheet.
I layered the pretty paper with black, gray, and pale yellow cardstock to make a lot of skinny layers. The paper is so lovely that I decided NOT to glue on a ton of flowers or other embellishments. This keeps the card in the "quick and easy" category, and makes it easy to mail.  
I find that having a sketch to follow really helps me when I need to make some cards in a hurry. You can use the same card layout but vary the papers and whip out a stack of cards in no time!

Thanks for stopping by today. 




Printed paper and die cuts: Authentique Poised
Cardstock: WorldWin Midnight, CutCardstock Flavours Gourmet Smoked Sea Salt (gray); yellow unknown
Twine: craft supply
Ink: Ranger Distress Festive Berries
Adhesive: ATG tape, Scor-tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares, hot glue

4 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - I love how you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love this. Thanks for showing the sketch, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete