Friday, May 10, 2019

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! I hope all you moms out there are having a wonderful, special weekend! I think my peeps are either taking me out to eat or cooking me dinner. (I hope! hee hee)

Please join the Authentique Team today as we share some sweet Mother's Day projects. To see all the projects, please click HERE.
I chose the Poised Collection for my project share. I think the black, gray, and yellow color scheme is very sophisticated and lovely. I created a card and a wrapped package to show how easily you can coordinate your cards and gifts! Designer paper is perfect for wrapping small boxes or decorating gift bags to match your cards!
The card is 6" tall and 5" wide. This is a bit of an odd size, but you can use a 5x7 envelope and just fold down one end. I usually make a special envelope or use a padded mailer, so it is not a big deal for me to make a strange size. (You can always adjust your measurements to make a 7" x 5" card instead.) 
I added punch-outs from the Poised Die Cut Elements sheet for the image and the sentiment. Easy peasy! I created a loopy bow with some gray taffeta ribbon and some yellow baker's twine. I found the perfect button lurking in my stash! 

I love to add enamel dots and sequins to my cards. It gives a bit of sparkle and shine.
I decorated the inside of the card with more decorative paper, and printed a sentiment that I designed on the computer. I used a stitched die to cut out the sentiment.  
This card is a little lumpy, but it's for mom, pay the extra postage! {wink} 
I wrapped a small box with a sheet of the Poised paper, then added ribbon, twine, and more enamel dots and sequins! The image is a postage stamp punch-out from the die cut sheet.  (My box is empty, but make sure to fill yours! Your mom deserves some goodies or a gift card...or two!)
Thanks for looking!




Designer paper and punch-outs: Authentique Poised
Trims: Shell Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Solid Yellow Baker's Twine
Button: stash
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh Pewter, Craft Medley Black
Enamel dots: Simple Stories Emoji Love, Your Next Stamp Gumdrops Love Earth
Dies: Elizabeth Craft Stitched Rectangles
Cardstock: WorldWin Midnight, Natural, Stampin' Up Basic Gray
Adhesive: ATG tape, Scor-tape, white glue, hot glue, foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is such a pretty card and box set, any mother would love to receive them! I enjoy your cards, you use multiple paper patterns, layers and textures which give the cards such beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing your cards and projects, as well as your tips and tricks, they are so very useful and appreciative!

    ReplyDelete