Wednesday, July 24, 2019

July CardMaps - A Gift For You

Hello, Friends! I am sharing my second of the July CardMaps (from Becky Fleck at PageMaps) projects!

Here is the CardMap for today:
I love a square card! I make a lot of square cards, in all sorts of sizes! Sometimes, they are more of a scrapbook page, without photos, than a card! 

This sketch is WAY outside my comfort zone! It's cutesy and simple, and just not what I would go for. But...the beauty of sketches is that you can tweak them to fit your needs!
I made a 6" x 6" card, using some super fun Heartfelt Creations papers! (See the supply list below.) This is such a great size, and you can find 6x6 envelopes, too! I keep a selection of white and cream square envelopes in both 6x6 and 5x5 sizes in my stash.
I used the Heartfelt Creations Simply Classic die set to cut out the cute pick up truck from the Young at Heart paper collection. The background paper is from the Happy Camper paper collection.
I had a lot of fun mixing and matching the papers! I tweaked the sketch by replacing certain elements in the sketch with things that were more my style, while still keeping the layout very similar.  
A recent purchase for my "craft emporium" was a huge pack of paper straws! I chose white, black, and kraft biodegradable straws to use for craft projects (and maybe to use for drinking...since California has "outlawed" straws!).  I wrapped two straws with the pretty paper, and trimmed them down to different lengths. Don't they make a fun embellishments for my card?!
The Heartfelt Creations paper comes with pages of 6x6 prints and scenes. I used one of the 6x6 scenes for the inside of my card. Super cute!
Make sure to go visit Becky's site and see all the inspiration! Thanks for stopping by today. 



Printed paper: Heartfelt Creations Happy Camper, Young at Heart

Cardstock: Hammermill White
Straws: Danila Sky
Brad: stash
Enamel dots: Echo Park Celebrate Easter, Whimsy Stamps
Die cuts: Heartfelt Creations Eyelet Circle and Basics Small, Ornamental Tags, Simply Classic; My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Stax, Stitched Mini Scallop Stax
Adhesive: ATG tape, Scor-tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares, hot glue, white glue

3 comments:

  1. What a fab card from this page map design. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sketch may have been too cutesy for you, but you did an AWESOME job with it. I LOVE your card! Those papers are darling and so colorful. Thanks for the inspiration .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! What a fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete