Friday, November 08, 2019

Monthly Coloring Series - November 2019

Welcome to the November project of the 2019 - 2020 Coloring Series! To read the introduction post for this series, click HERE. To see all the coloring series projects, click HERE

I am  a little late again this month. I had some bad migraine days recently, which put me a bit behind in all my craft work. I am feeling better now, so I hope to catch up quickly! The post this month is a bit "bare bones" as I try to feel better and catch my breath! 
I decided to make a little scene this month using digital stamps from three different sets! If the images have a transparent background, it's as easy as pie (pumpkin pie, that is) to create a little scene! If your images are not on a transparent background, programs such as Photoshop can help you fix that issue. The directions are a quick Google search away! {smile}

My card this month is a little smaller than 6" x 8". Not a standard size, but you would make yours to be the standard 5" x 7" or smaller.
I pulled out all the markers and pencils for this one. Not really, but I did use a lot of colors! Each pumpkin is a slightly different shade of orange! In the wild, no two pumpkins are exactly alike! 
For my main image I used this image of pumpkins from the Pumpkins and Pears digital set. This is a little mini set for $5. If you want the full clear set, It is called Fortunes of Fall, and sells for $18.
I added the pumpkin containing a bouquet image from Season's Seatings to complete the scene. The pumpkin on the chair image is also part of the clear set So Grateful

For those of  you who prefer physical stamp images, you can create a scene with masking, in the same way I created my digital scene. The only difference is that with digital images, I can resize them however I like to get the correct scale. 

I chose the Painting Pumpkins digital stamp set from Power Poppy for my sentiment. (I used the jack-o-lanterns image from this set last month. See that HERE.) 
I stayed with traditional (realistic) colors for my pumpkin table decor scene. I wanted this card to look festive and pretty for Thanksgiving. I once again colored with Copic markers and then went over the image with colored pencils to add depth, dimension, and shine.

I started out coloring the pumpkins to "set the stage" for the other colors in the piece. I did not want to choose too many different colors, as that can make an image look "cartoon-like." 
I did not write down my colors for you this month. Actually, I did write them down, but accidentally tossed the paper when tidying up my studio! Trying to figure out all the colors I used was an exercise in futility! But...that gives you a chance to try playing around with various combinations on your own. Try orange and yellow, with touches of red, brown, and cream for your pumpkins. Try coloring with markers first and adding some detail with colored pencils. See how you get on! 
For the leaves, pick some deep greens, and for the pears, try for some pale greens mixed with yellow and brown. The pumpkin stems are a dull green.

Color the flower bouquet in your favorite fall colors! I chose a deep burgundy and pale yellow, with pops of red.
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you are inspired to color something! I will try to have it more on the ball next month for our December project! 




Digital images: Power Poppy 
Pumpkins and PearsSeason's SeatingsPainting Pumpkins
Cardstock: Hammermill 100# Digital Color Copy; CutCardStock Sundream Metallic Fine Gold, WorldWin Black
Markers: Copic (various)
Pencils: Prismacolor (various)
Gel pen: Sakura Gelly Roll White
Chalk: EK Success
Tools: We R Memory Keepers Guide Layers, Spellbinders Grand Rectangles
Adhesive: ATG tape

No comments:

Post a Comment