Monday, December 09, 2019

Trio of Christmas Boxes - Authentique

Good morning, Authentique Fans! Christmas is only 16 days away! This is the time of year when we are all looking for those quick and easy projects for our neighbors, co-workers, teachers, and party hostesses!
I have created three of the sweetest boxes which are perfect for baked goodies, candy, small gifts, or gift cards! Not only are these easy to whip up, but you can use all that lovely Christmas-themed paper  you've been hoarding! I used Authentique Rejoice and Snowfall papers for my little boxes!

The rectangle boxes are each 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" x 1 3/4" and will fit a few cookies or some candy, or a few tea light candles, or even some jewelry! The stocking box is 5 1/4" x 2 1/4" x 1 3/4" and can hold some candy, a small gift, or a gift card. A standard-sized gift card (or two or three) fits in the stocking perfectly!
All three of my boxes were made using cut files for the Silhouette Cameo. (I will put the links down below.) If you don't have access to an electronic machine, there are lots of free templates available on the Internet. You can print them onto computer paper, cut them out, and use them to trace onto your decorative paper.

These boxes are a one-sheet style box, and they are so easy to cut, score, and assemble! 
Using double-sided paper makes decorating the inside of the box...well...a snap! The Authentique textured papers are so thick that they make a wonderful box!
Tuck your goodies into the box with some sparkly tissue paper. 
Fold the box closed. Use some clear tape to hold the lid closed if you wish. 
I made a little closure band for my box, using more of the pretty paper, and some of the Spectrum Cardstock.  
The final touch is some twine and a little tag! I pulled out some of my stamps to make my tag. But, using the Authentique die cuts or sticker makes it easy peasy! You could also really decorate the box with all sorts of embellishments for that extra-special someone!
The window box is the same box with a window cut into the top!
I added a bit of frosted vellum to my window, but you could use a clear plastic transparency or colored vellum! 
A sweet bow and one of the Authentique die-cut tags...plus a bit or red tissue paper and this box is ready to go!  
 If you want to get really fancy, there are loads of shaped box templates available! I created this cute stocking box from Spectrum Forest Green cardstock and papers from the Snowfall Collection. I just happened to have the pine tree tissue paper in my stash! Happy accident! 

I will warn you...assembling shaped boxes is a bit fiddly...but so worth the effort! 
To find the cut files I used for these projects: Christmas Open House SVG Kit and Santa's Village SVG Kit. Thanks for looking!



Authentique Supplies Used:

Rejoice Collection: 12x12 paper, Elements die cuts
Snowfall Collection: 12x12 paper, 6x6 paper pad, Elements die cuts
Spectrum Cardstock: Honey Comb, Forest Green, Lady Bug

Additional Supplies Used:  
Stamps: Power Poppy Holly Golightly (or Holly Jolly Tag)
Ink: Memento London Fog, Tuxedo Black; Distress Pine Needles
Trims: Satin ribbon (Emerald Green, Forest Green), Natural burlap string
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Natural
Tissue paper: gift supply
Vellum: from my stash
SVG Cuts: Christmas Open House SVG Kit (boxes) Santa's Village SVG Kit (stocking)
Adhesive: white glue, ATG tape, Tombo Mono Vellum tape, Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L foam circles

No comments:

Post a Comment