Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Amazing Paper Grace Guest DT - Birds of a Feather Card

Hello, Friends! I am back safe and sound from Jenn Dove's Boot Camp in Tempe, AZ! This is a Copic-based coloring class that lasts five days! This was my second time taking the class, but I sure needed the refresher course! There were a few techniques that I needed some extra help and practice! I will share some of what I learned in the weeks to come!

Switching gears...Today is my last day with Amazing Paper Grace as a Guest DT! I have really enjoyed myself playing with all the new dies!
I used the Candlewick Lace Card Front and the Double Halo Oval for this card project. My goal was to use the dies while staying true to my style...which is to add a ton of printed paper! {smile}

The finished card is 4" x 6", so it is a standard size for a photo card envelope. I have a lot of that size envelope in my stash, but I rarely make a card that small! 
I cut the card base from red cardstock, then I cut the outer die of the Candlewick Lace Card Front set from the printed heart paper (Authentique Love Notes). I trimmed just the bottom edge of the card front (the scallops) and added it to the bottom of the card. I trimmed out a different print to add to the top portion of the card (plaid). A piece of heart grosgrain ribbon covers the seam between the papers.
I cut the large decorative oval from the Double Halo Oval set out of red cardstock and used foam tape to attach it to the center of the card front. I used the medium oval from the set to cut out the bird image. I used foam tape to add this to the center of the decorative oval. I added some glitter enamel dots here and there.
A loopy bow tied with red twine finishes off the card. I also lined the inside of the card with off-white cardstock. 

I hope you enjoyed my project!




Dies: Amazing Paper Grace/Spellbinders Candlewick Lace Card Front
Double Halo Oval 
Printed paper: Authentique Love Notes
Cardstock: WorldWin Natural, CutCardStock PopTone Wild Cherry
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Poppy Red Sweetheart Cherries Grosgrain, Red Baker's Twine
Enamel dots: Eyelet Outlet white, Doodlebug Design Sprinkles Cupcake Glitter
Adhesive: ATG tape, foam tape, Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. Love your Valentine love birds and use of Becca's dies!

    ReplyDelete