Monday, December 14, 2020

Power Poppy - Inspire Me Monday

Hello, everyone! Today is a special day for Inspire Me Monday! Instead of just one Bloomie you get two! Allison and I are having a friendly challenge! We each set the other a challenge. We picked a stamp set, a coloring medium, and a sketch...for each other! 

The challenge Allison set for me was to:

 - Use either Forest Fellas or Gifts from the Sea stamp sets

- Use Copic markers and colored pencils as the coloring medium

- Use the sketch provided (sketch by Mojo Monday)

Well, not too difficult a challenge! I really wanted to use the Gifts from the Sea image as I live in California and thought a beach-themed Christmas card would be awesome. However, I could not color such a detailed image to fit the small size needed for the card sketch! 

I ended up printing the digital version of Forest Fellas: Maximo Moose to color for my project. I colored Maximo with Copics and Prismacolor Pencils. 
I followed the sketch very closely and created a slimline card (tall and skinny is what we used to call these in the "old days"). My card is 8" tall and 4" wide. 
I had fun digging into my vast stash of 6x6 paper pads for some moose appropriate patterns for my card! I was thinking lumber jacks and log cabins! I love how it turned out!
I stamped the clear version of the sentiment in brown ink. A bit of twine and a few enamel dots finish off the card.

I had fun doing Allison's challenge! I hope the Bloomies can do more of these! Make sure to hop over to the Power Poppy Blog to see Allison's Creation!


1 comment: