Friday, July 29, 2022

Just Celebrate!

Good morning, Friends! I am up on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog today. I have been trying some different techniques lately. I am really rusty at stamping and such after taking so much time off over the past two years. However, I have so many supplies that are sitting around unused! 

I have been watching some new videos on YouTube to see what all the stamping super stars are doing these days. What I discovered was that they are sharing a lot of techniques that I was doing YEARS ago, but with some new twists! I decided to try at least one technique each month! Or as often as I can manage. {smile} I really miss stamping and using all my old supplies! 

Anyway, here is one for this month! Let's play with ink and embossing!

To create the lattice background, I first used a blender brush and several shades of Ranger Distress Oxide Ink to cover white cardstock. I used Abandoned Coral, Wild  Honey, and Picked Raspberry. I blended the ink until the surface was well saturated. Then I sat the panel aside to dry. Now, this is NOT a new technique, but I am new to using oxide inks! I finally took the plunge and purchased a few to try out. They are interesting! 

Once the oxide ink was dry, I placed the cardstock into an embossing folder and ran the folder through my die cut machine. I added a thin shim in order to get a nice, deep impression. I have so many embossing folders...so many! I was on several design teams over the years that I just collected scads of them! I had been thinking of buying some new ones...but...dude...use the ones you have!!!

I used a blender brush and Ranger Distress Picket Fence ink to rub some of the white ink over the raised parts of the embossing! So pretty!

I trimmed the embossed panel to 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" and matted it with white cardstock cut to 5 7/8" x 5 7/8".  I then cut a large banner from dark blue cardstock and a smaller banner from a scrap of checked paper (Graphic 45 Cafe Parisian Petits Fours). I attached the banners to the left side of the embossed panel. Again, G45 paper is coming out my ears and I just refuse to buy any new right now! But...I noticed Cafe Parisian was being re-released so I dragged my old stash out of storage.

Next I wrapped the whole panel with 5/8" Pink and Blue Vintage Floral Print on White Satin ribbon. I attached the panel to a 6" x 6" dark blue card base. The ribbon is left over from the July 2022 ribbon club assortment.
I created a bow with the rest of the 5/8" Pink and Blue Vintage Floral Print on White Satin ribbon and glued it to the card as shown. I tucked a chipboard embellishment under the edge of the bow. The original Cafe Parisian collection came with chipboard embellishments. I am not sure what the re-release comes with as it is not in the shop yet.

The little sentiment is a pre-printed sentiment from Simon Says Stamp. 

Super simple, but so pretty! Thank you so much for stopping by!




Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used: 
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers ColorMates Blueberry, Hammermill White
Printed paper: Graphic45 Cafe Parisian 8x8 pad
Chipboard: Graphic45 Cafe Parisian
Embossing folder Couture Creations Embossalicious Lattice (6x6)
Ink: Distress Oxide Abandon Coral, Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry; Distress Ink Picket Fence
Sentiment: Simon Says Stamp
Dies: My Favorite Things Die-namics Itty Bitty Strips, Fishtail Flag Stax and Layers
Adhesive: Art Glitter Glue, hot glue
Tools: WRMK Layers, Score board

No comments:

Post a Comment