Friday, August 19, 2022

I Love Fall!

Hello, again everyone! It is so hot where I live, over (or near) 100 degrees every day. I am so thankful for air conditioning and a swimming pool! But, I am so ready for cooler weather! I also know that we will still get lots of days in the 90's into October and November! I think I will go crank the A/C and drink something with pumpkin spice....

To celebrate the eventual coming of fall, I have a fall themed card for you, using more of the beautiful Really Reasonable Ribbon August Ribbon Club ribbons! This is another 6" x 6" card, which is one of my favorite sizes to make. I don't care if they cost more to mail, I love making them! 

To back up a second....I had a great idea for a mini album for today, but things went so sideways, that all I could save was this one chipboard panel with the orange gingham paper! The panel is part of a die cut book that just was not working out how I wanted, then it tore in two places, and then....I was over it! So, I salvaged this piece because I liked how the scored chipboard looks like wood grain! (I am still going to make a mini book, hopefully for the end of the month!)

The pumpkin paper and the main sticker are from Echo Park, The Story of Fall collection (from a few years ago), and the orange gingham paper is from The Girls' Paperie, Toil and Trouble collection (which is who knows how old!).

The piece of scored chipboard is all inked up with three colors of distress ink. I love it! I had die cut chipboard using the Sizzix (Eileen Hull) Wrapped Journal die, which scores the chipboard so that the spines will bend. But, not sure what went wrong, and mine ripped in several places, despite using thick chipboard. I salvaged a few pieces and this one was perfect for a card front! Lose-Win!

Now, for the ribbons! I wrapped a length of the 5/8" Russet Orange Taffeta and a length of the  3/8" Cappuccino Satin with Gold Metallic Edge around the top part of the card. I secured the ribbon inside the card, then covered with white cardstock to hide the ribbon tails. 

I created two bows, one from each ribbon style and glued them to the center of the card as shown. Super easy! Big impact! I think I need to get MORE of that sparkly cappuccino ribbon! So pretty! 

I even put a little sneaky surprise on the inside of the card. {smile} 

Thank you so much for stopping by! Make sure to check out all the inspiration on the Really Reasonable  Ribbon Blog!





Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used: 
Cardstock: WorldWin Smooth and Silky Brown, Natural
Chipboard: Graffix
Printed paper: Echo Park The Story of Fall, The Girls' Paperie Toil and Trouble
Stickers: Echo Park The Story of Fall
Die: Sizzix Wrapped Journal (just a section of the die cut piece)
Ink: Ranger Distress Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy, Carved Pumpkin
Adhesive: Art Glitter Glue, hot glue
Tools: Zutter Round-it-All, glue gun, trimmer, score board, Sizzix Big Shot Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment