Monday, August 01, 2022

Inspire Me Monday: Good Ol' Summertime!

Hello, Power Poppy Pals! I hope this finds you well and enjoying your summer! It is hot where I live, which is normal. We are approaching our one year anniversary in our new location and I realize that HOT is the way it is here in summer..and spring...and fall!   

Today is my turn to share the weekly Power Poppy inspiration. I decided to take inspiration from the summer, and my days visiting the beach when we lived only 8 miles from the ocean! We lived there for 16 years, and I confess I did not appreciate it the way I should have...especially now that I live adjacent to the desert...same sand...no water! 
I printed the main image from the Seaside Sweetness Digital Stamp Set onto tan cardstock to make a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" card, with a white card base.
This image can be printed with and without the glass dome cover, as shown above. I decided to color the one without glass. I chose colored pencils again this month. I have such love of colored pencils...I cannot deny it! 
I chose the Arteza Expert brand of pencils, which were so-so on this smooth cardstock. They are fine for a small, quick image, but I would not use them on such smooth paper (Neenah Desert Storm) for a larger project as the wax builds up pretty fast! I would recommend a harder pencil such as Faber-Castell  Polychromos on this particular paper.
I colored the image and the sand and surf with the pencils, but I used a light layer of chalk pastel for the background. I decided to use a fun circle format, sort of like a fancy paper plate, for the main image. I chose a check paper to mimic a napkin, and my beach picnic card is finished! 

I adore this little vignette, plus it is so summery! I think coloring up a bunch of small images for cards or tags is just the ticket for a hot summer day! 

If you are needing a quick card, I highly recommend some of the small images such as this one from the Seaside Sweetness Digital Stamp Set, or from the companion digital sets Nest is BestCuppa CupcakeSingle Orchid, or Tiny Treasures. 

I added a sentiment from the Sweet Simple Things Digital Stamp Set. The images from this set are also perfect for summer time!
Thanks for joining us for Inspire Me Monday! Make sure to come back every Monday to see new inspiration!
If you have yet to play in the Blossom Challenge: Christmas in July, you still have a few more weeks to join! 

Here is my project, which you can read all about HERE.
It makes me excited for our Christmas events at church, and for putting up decorations, wrapping presents, eating baking cookies, and singing carols! 




Power Poppy Products Used:

Seaside Sweetness Digital Stamp Set
Sweet Simple Things Digital Stamp Set

Other Products Used: 

Cardstock: Hammermill white, WorldWin Smooth Blueberry, and Neenah Desert Storm
Printed paper: My Favorite Things Trail Mix 6x6
Colored pencils: Arteza Expert 120
Chalk pastels: Smi
Gel pen: Gelly Roll white
Dies: Spellbinders Grand Circles and Grand Big Scalloped Circles
Adhesive: ATG, Art Glitter Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment