Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Vintage Style Mini Slimline Card

Hello, again everyone! It is my turn on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog, so head over there to see all the inspiration! 

I think that I would classify this card as one last summer fling! It is going to be over 100 degrees for the next week (or longer), so I figured let's pull out the hot, summer colors again! 

What could be more summery than hot pink and green?! I created a mini slimline card today. The card measures 3 1/4" x 6 1/4" and the card base is black cardstock. I am not sure what the "standard" measurements are for this style of card, but it does fit into an envelope made for photo-cards. 

Fun fact: Every time I order some sort of photo card, they come with umpteen envelopes! I, naturally, save them! So, the best way to get rid of them is to make cards that fit! 
I used some vintage style paper from Heartfelt Creations (Moments in Time) and let the design of the paper do most of the work! I lined the inside of the card with off-white cardstock.

I don't often make the top of a card the focal point, but the printed paper was so pretty, I did not want to cover it up, so I added my flower and ribbon cluster to the top!

I created a bow from 3/8" Moss Green Gingham ribbon. I cannot resist gingham and plaid ribbon, no matter what the season! I used a few leaves that I stamped, then die cut. I added Miniature Gardenias - Mixed Purple flowers. The little sentiment and other decoration are cut from the paper collection.

A few tiny pearls finish off the card. Such a sweet mini size!  

Thank you so much for stopping by!





Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used: 
Cardstock: Worldwin Black, natural
Flower Shaping Mold: Heartfelt Creations 3D Rose
Ink: Ranger Archival Library Green, Ranger Distress Rustic Wilderness, Crushed Olive
Mini pearls: Want2Scrap
Adhesive: Art Glitter glue, hot glue

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, love the papers and flowers and the ribbon is so lovely with it

    ReplyDelete