Friday, September 16, 2022

Trick or Treat?

Hello, again everyone! I am back today using more of the beautiful Really Reasonable Ribbon September Ribbon Club ribbons! If you missed the Ribbon Blog Hop on Wednesday, click HERE for that!

If you love ribbon, the Ribbon Club is such a great way to try out lots of styles and colors of ribbon! I often buy older sets when Bonnie has them for sale, or I will buy extras of a set that I particularly love! 

Tip: If you love a product...use it! I was told recently that ribbon was "out of style" for card making. I don't listen to people who say things like that! I was told years ago that using a lot of printed paper was out of style, and you see how much attention I paid to that bit of information! Use what you love using! It is fun to try new products and techniques, but if you love an "old" technique or product...don't let the craft police tell you that you can't! Besides, we all know that everything comes back around for a second (or third or fourth) season! 

Now, on to my card! I used lots of ribbon AND printed paper! {smile}

My second favorite card size to make is 5" x 6". I don't know why, but just putting the 6" x 6" cards on a little diet makes them seem so much more interesting to me! I love this size, but I do have to either use a 5" x 7" envelope or make my own custom envelopes. 

I shopped my stash for some paper, but you can make this card using whatever paper you have on hand, old or new. I used Graphic 45 Rare Oddities, Pink Paislee  Hocus Pocus, and Echo Park Hocus Pocus (yes, two companies had paper collections with the same name). 

I also used some chipboard elements and a sticker from Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells. I love to dig through my paper hoard and mix and match! 

The spider web is cut using a die from Papertrey Ink.

Now for the ribbons! I used 5/8" Grape Checkerboard Satin to make a big bow, which I glued to the card. I then added another bow made from 5/8" Black Double-Faced Satin. I added the chipboard square and sticker, along with a metal gear and a metal feather. 

I used some shimmer spray to make a pale lavender rose look a little manky! I also used a few purple rose buds
Mixing ribbons with embellishments and flowers is my joy! It makes me so happy! I added a few silver pearls to the card for a finishing touch!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Make sure to check out all the inspiration on the Really Reasonable  Ribbon Blog!





Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used: 
Cardstock: WorldWin Smooth Black, Natural; Authentique Spectrum Silver Dollar
Printed paper: Graphic 45 Rare Oddities, Pink Paislee Hocus Pocus, Echo Park Hocus Pocus
Chipboard: Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells
Sticker: Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells
Pearls: Graphic 45 Silver
Charm: feather from my stash
Glimmer spray: Lindy's Stamp Gang Glitz Spritz - Steel Shimmer
Die: Papertrey Ink spider web
Adhesive: Art Glitter Glue, hot glue, 3M foam tape
Tools:glue gun, trimmer, score board, Sizzix Big Shot Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment