Monday, October 31, 2022

Merry and Bright

Hello, everyone! It is my turn on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog again! You can head over there to see all the Ribbon Girls' inspiration! 

I am still in Christmas card more and still fooling with the October Ribbon Club Christmas Assortment!

This is such a special card that would be perfect to include with a gift card this year! I love to have a selection of extra-special cards for just that purpose. It makes giving a gift card so much more special. 

Speaking of special...
Back in June, I shared THIS card with you. 
And in September THIS card, which is perfect for today, right?!?! Plus, you can get the September AND October ribbon club assortments right now! Click HERE! Today is the LAST day for this special! 

I really love creating these ribbon leftovers cards! They are quick and easy and pack a wallop! Eye candy, pun intended! Trick or treat! 

Anyway, back to today's card...
I created a 5" x 6" card from black cardstock. Then, I cut a piece of white cardstock to slightly smaller than 5" x 6". I used black ink to stamp a Christmas sentiment onto the bottom right of the white panel. I then added some Scor-tape to the back so that I could wrap short lengths of ribbon around the cardstock panel and secure them. 


Note: The Forest Green Plaid in the Ribbon Club is the 5/8", but the store does have the 3/8" that I used. Also, the Christmas Traditions Plaid is NOT in the club assortment, but is available in the store, just use the link above. 
Once all the ribbon was attached, I added more Scor-tape and attached the whole panel to the card front. 
I created a bow from the 5/8" Red Plaid ribbon and attached it to the area overlapping the the Red Plaid ribbon on the card. Then, I added some flowers and Christmas bells, plus some other Christmas floral items (see list of flowers below). I use hot glue to attach all my bows and flowers to my cards. 
I finished the card by adding a few sparkly enamel dots. Have you tried this technique yet?! If you do, post your link in the comments so I can stop by and see! 
Cardstock: Hammermill White, WorldWin Black
Enamel dots: Eyelet Outlet
Ink: Gina K amalgam Obsidian
Bells, floral picks: my stash
Adhesive: Art Glitter Dries Clear, Hot glue

1 comment:

  1. Love this technique and your gift of selecting patters and patterns to pair together!

    ReplyDelete