Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Joyful Moments Planner Page - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Hello, paper craft lovers! I want to share another Elizabeth Craft Designs project with you, as we say good-bye to May! I am sharing a project created with the Everyday Elements - Everything's Blooming Collection and the Planner Essentials Collection.

This is my very first ECD planner page! I have done a little work with planners in the past, but I have not worked with the ECD Planner Essentials Collection before. Being part of the Everyday Elements team means I also can use everything in the ECD store! How awesome is that?!

The planner I am using is the A5 Slim Planner in Vintage Black. This style of planner is 9" x 6 1/4" and the pages are approximately 8 1/4" x 4 3/4". This is fairly close to the size of some of the mini books I make, which makes the style and sizing very comfortable to work with.
I started by using the page die from the Planner Essentials 56 - Tickets and Tabs die set to cut a page from black cardstock and a second page out of printed paper. (As soon as I found out I could use the full ECD line of products, this die set was the first thing I purchased with my team discount!)

I glued the die cut printed paper to the black cardstock page and sponged the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. I am not too worried about making the planner too "thick" as I will probably convert it into a bound mini album when I finish it. Right now, it lives in the planner to keep the pages safe while I spend all of 2023 working on it! 

I cut some hole reinforces from black cardstock using the Reinforcement Variety Pack. There are several hole reinforcement collections, but this one has the style that speaks to me the most.  
I used the Lace Borders die set to cut a border for the edge of the page. I cut two borders from off white cardstock and pieced them together to fit the edge of the page. I sponged the die cut pieces with distress ink. 

Next, I used the Postage Stamps die set to cut out several layers to create a photo mat. The paper I am using is two retired collections from Heartfelt Creations, Celebrate the Journey and Once Upon a Time.
To add some fun layers to my base page, I cut two of the shapes from the Planner Essentials 21 - Note Pieces die set from the printed paper. I love this die set! It is right up my shabby, steampunk-y, vintage alley! Paired with the postage stamp dies...perfection! I have not been this happy about scrapbooking type things in a while! 

Note: I sponged all my paper edges with Frayed Burlap Distress ink.
I cut one of the large perforated ticket shapes from the Planner Essentials 56 - Tickets and Tabs die set out of black cardstock and turned it into a pocket. I covered the pocket with printed paper. Then, I used the small tag from the Planner Essentials 2 die set to cut three tags from the printed paper.
I used the Happy Stamp set to stamp several page titles onto natural cardstock. I then used the circle dies from the Small Doilies die set to die cut a clock image from the printed paper and a circle mat from black cardstock. I used the Stemmed Flowers die set to cut several sprigs from printed paper to use as page accents. 

I confess, I had several ideas for this page, and die cut a lot of things that I ended up not using before I found the perfect arrangement for my page. 
I placed the two sprigs on the page and then added my pocket. I felt like this arrangement kept the photo in the focal spot.
I decided to add more of the hole reinforces to the tags. I think it gives them a fun look!
I placed the tags into the pocket. I can use the tags to write some journaling and to add more small photos. 

I assembled the clock embellishment and glued it to the edge of the pocket. I used a trimmer to cut the sentiments into strips and added them to the pocket as well. 
Now my page is finished! I just need to add my photos and journaling. I plan to use this color scheme and style for the entire planner, just the way I would do it if I were making a mini album. 
The photo mat is large enough for a 3 3/8" x 2 3/8" or smaller photo. I need to pick some photos from the first half of the year and get them printed. I really stink at that part of scrapbooking! I like making things, but don't care much for fiddling around with photos! {I know, I know!}
I am still not 100% sure if I will decorate the cover of the planner and keep the pages in the planner, or if I will be eventually using another style of binding method when I finish all my pages. I will play that part by ear!
The page is fairly low profile, but I can see that the planner may get "chunky" pretty quickly if I stick to my normal style! But...I need to do me, so we shall see how it goes! 
Thanks for joining me today! I hope you enjoyed seeing my FIRST EVER planner page! All the links to the products are below. (I still don't have any affiliate links set up, so shop how you wish.)  



ECD Supplies Used:
Everyday Elements Collection
Lace Borders die
Postage Stamps die
Happy stamp set
Small Doilies die set 
Stemmed Flowers die set 

Planner Essentials Collection
A5 Slim Planner - Vintage Black
Planner Essentials 56 - Tickets and Tabs die set
Reinforcement Variety Pack die set
Planner Essentials 21 - Note Pieces die set
Planner Essentials 2 die set

Other
Clear Double Sided Adhesive (1/4")

Other Supplies Used:
Cardstock: ColorMates Smooth Black, Natural
Printed paper: Heartfelt Creations Celebrate the Journey, Once Upon a Time (both retired)
Ink: Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap, Memento Tuxedo Black
Adhesive: ATG, Art Glitter Glue
Tools: Sizzix Big Shot Plus, MISTI, trimmer, craft knife, ruler

No comments:

Post a Comment