Friday, May 19, 2023

Masculine Get Well Card

Hello, everyone! I am up on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog again today. I have been trying to create more masculine style cards, and since I have two brothers who are dealing with health issues, plus my husband has a number of guys in his men's Bible study also dealing with illness, I though why not try to crate a masculine get well card?!

I am using up some images cut from Saturday Evening Post/Norman Rockwell greeting cards that I found in my stash. They are so wonderful, and I am giving them new life!

I matted the image onto black cardstock. This image is so cool and I found the perfect sentiment to go with it! I love when that happens! And look at those refs all in their suits, unflappable even when there is a rain delay! Love it!

I stamped the greeting onto a scrap of cardstock and tucked it under the bottom edge of the image. I ended up having too much white space at the bottom of the sentiment AFTER I glued it down, so I added the strip of plaid paper to make it look intentional. {smile}

I used a length of 5/8" Black Taffeta ribbon to cover the seam between the two printed papers. I then wound some Antique Gold Burlap String around the panel a few times. Then, using both the black taffeta and the antique gold string, I tied a knot on the right side of the image. 

I really did a deep dive into my masculine paper bin! The stripe-y looking print is from Heartfelt Creations All Geared Up and the newspaper text is from Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport. Both long ago retired! 

Thank you so much for joining me today! 




Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:
Other Supplies Used: 
Cardstock: ColorMates Smooth Black, Natural
Printed paper: Heartfelt Creations All Geared Up, Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport
Image: pack of greeting cards
Dies: My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle Stax 1
Ink: Gina K Designs Amalgam Obsidian
Stamps: My Favorite Things Blue Skies Ahead
Adhesive: Art Glitter Glue, Foam squares, Glue Dots

1 comment: