Sunday, June 02, 2024

Triple B Challenge - June 2024

Hello! I am joining Darlene and Diane again for the Triple B Challenge this month! Triple B is a card challenge that is all about Birds, Butterflies, and Blooms! Plus, each month there is an Inspiration Board to help you get your creative juices flowing! 


Here is your inspiration board for June. Blue is tied with red as my favorite color. I wear a lot of blue because red, while I love it, is just not flattering on me. This inspiration board of blue is just stunning, especially the birds and flowers together! So pretty! 

I knew right away which paper collection in my stash has blues and oranges together...Graphic 45 Dreamland!
In the end, it seems I focused more on the orange than the blue! It happens! {smile}

I created a 5" x 5" card from navy cardstock. I found a pack of this cardstock in my stash and it is just lovely. It is called "twill" and has a subtle texture to it. The pack of cardstock is left over from a long ago design team. I am so happy to have so many choices of cardstock in my stash! 
I had made a mini album with this paper before and had a lot of little strips left over. I decided to make use of them for this card. I added a chipboard frame to highlight the sentiment. I love the sparkly enamel dots, too!

I used some baker's twine to make a little bow, and figured the card was finished. But, it was just too plain for me! So...
I added some paper flowers and a die cut butterfly! I had exactly TWO flowers in this golden color! I love when it all works out. Nothing is more frustrating than having umpteen flowers, but not having the correct amount of the color you wish to use! 

Note: In days gone by I made all my flowers by hand - or I purchased only white or ivory flowers. Then I could color the blooms with ink or sprays, and so forth. I got sick of the work and mess, and started buying flowers in different styles and colors. Well, I may be going back to my old ways because it is getting expensive to source flowers now.
Here is a peek at the inside of the card. This is a good card for a graduation or a new job congratulations. As always, this card needs a special envelope and extra postage. 

Thanks for joining me for the Triple B Challenge! I hope you get inspired by this challenge. Dig into your stash and play along! 

Remember you do NOT have to follow the board as it is just for inspiration, BUT YOU DO have to use 1, 2 or 3 of the B's ... Birds, Butterflies, and/or Blooms.

Now it's YOUR turn, so pull out those stamps, dies, stencils, or whatever other goodies you have in your stash and have some fun with us.

We won't always have a prize but periodically we will, you just never know! To link up your challenge project, click on THIS link to take you to the Triple B Blog
 
Challenge ends: 8 PM June 30th    
Winners announced: July 2nd.

You can read all the rules in the rules tab on the Triple B  Blog.




Cardstock: ColorMates Navy Textured Twill
Printed paper, chipboard, stickers, embellishments: Graphic 45 Dreamland
Glitter dots: Echo Park Let's Be Mermaids
Baker's Twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon Diva Blue Bonnet
Adhesive: Art Glitter Glue, ATG
Tools: ink dauber, trimmer, score board, MISTI stamp platform, Big Shot Plus

3 comments:

  1. WOW ... your card is outstanding my friend! LOVE your overall design and the color combo is fabulous! Beautiful inspiration ... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of those leftover strips with all the other elements you put into your card, like it was all made to go perfectly together!! Diane TB Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of SPAM, your comment will be moderated and approved as soon as possible. Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment.