Monday, July 30, 2018

More July CardMaps!

Fun news, Friends! I will be working with Becky Fleck and the amazing team at...
Each quarter, PageMaps releases their CardMaps and I will be creating card samples for the website. How fun is that?! I have worked with Becky in the past, including recently when Authentique Paper did a team-up with PageMaps (my samples for the Authentique match-up are HERE).

I am not sure how many sketches or cards I will make each quarter, or if I will do other types of sketches...we are just playing it by ear for now. If you have been one of my Followers for a while, you know I never make anything without a sketch! Either I draw my own sketch or I use one from someone else. I have a huge binder of PageMaps sketches going back to the very first one! Crazy, right?!

So, long story longer, I am excited to help Becky with some card samples. I love card making, and sketches, and I love when someone offers things like this for FREE. This is a labor of love for both Becky and her team, and for me. It is a TON of work to do what we do - offer things up to others for no payment other than the JOY of doing it. I enjoy helping  fellow crafters, whether it is getting a challenge blog started, or making samples for a small mom and pop store, or encouraging a new crafter. I get so much joy out of those interactions! 

Now, enough blither blather! For July, CardMaps had a few "orphans," so I made a few cards to fill in the gaps.
I simply loved this sketch. The possibilities for using it are...unlimited! You could go clean and simple, or mixed media, or really busy and ornate!
I pulled out this Photo Play/Julie Nutting paper (French Flea Market) paper pack that I purchased a while ago and had never bothered to open. {Hey, it happens!} I pulled this paper because it has a bicycle sticker...which I ended up not even using!

I decided to use a gray and pink theme with the paper so I got out some trims, cardstock, and a French stamp (Graphic 45 French Country). 
This is the card I made, using the sketch as a guide. Rather than a literal bicycle, I used the image of the bird cages. Rather than a white or plain background like the sketch shows, I used the grey and white background paper. I kept to the sketch fairly closely as to placement and size of the elements. 
My card is a top-fold card that is 5" tall and 7" wide. It is just a little lumpy so it should fit into a standard envelope.

However, I loved that sketch so much that I made another card (this is actually my Really Reasonable Ribbon project that posted on July 13th). 
I still followed the sketch fairly well. The balloon bouquet on the sketch is represented here by the bow element. The image represents the bicycle on the sketch. I kept the same orientation and sizing as the sketch. 

If you have trouble using a sketch, try printing the sketch at the same size as your card and taking measurements. This can help you know what size to make each element on the card, and help with embellishment placement.
This card is also a top-fold card that is 5" tall and 7" wide. Due to the poufy bow, you may need a padded mailer for this one.

This next sketch is a vertical sketch, which is my go-to style. 
I had about 10 ideas for this bad boy, but had to narrow it down to one card!
This time, I made a vertical top-fold card that is 6" tall and 5" wide. I like this size better than a standard A2 card, but it is harder to find envelopes to fit this size card.

I used an older Authentique collection called Seafarer that I found on sale at the craft store. I love this blue and white theme! Once again, I followed the sketch pretty well, except my image and my sentiment are a bit off center. I used the same scallop frame and element positioning as the sketch. I just have something against centering everything...not sure why. {smile}
I pulled out some older Our Daily Bread Designs stamps and some VERY OLD Spellbinders dies for this card! I also used a ship's wheel charm that I got who knows where! And...some of my favorite twine!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you try using a sketch if you have never done so before!


Trims: Really Reasonable Ribbon Natural Burlap String,Capri Blue TaffetaYellow and Blue Confetti Dot GrosgrainYellow Poppy Print Satin; American Crafts pink velvet
Printed paper: Photo Play/Julie Nutting French Flea Market, Authentique Paper Seafarer, Graphic 45 Home Sweet Home, Carta Bella Country Kitchen, Bo Bunny Family Recipes, Echo Park Happiness is Homemade
Tags: Graphic 45 Home Sweet Home Tags and Pockets
Cardstock: WorldWin Natural; Bazzill Java, Blossom, Nightmist; CutCardStock Basis Gray
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Chipped Sapphire
Stamps: Graphic 45 French Country, Our Daily Bread Designs The Sea, Sentiments Collection 2
Buttons: stash
Pearls: stash
Charms: jewelry supply
Dies: My Favorite Things Fishtail Stax and Layers, Stitch Mini Scallop Stax; Spellbinders Labels Twenty
Punches: Stampin' Up 1 1/4" and 1"
Adhesive: white glue, hot glue, ATG tape, Scor-tape, foam tape

1 comment:

  1. All three of these are beautiful! I especially love the blue gingham card but the others are awesome too! Pagemaps rock...Congratulations, GF!

    ReplyDelete