Monday, October 20, 2008

Wall Art

You all know by now that I love to scrapbook and make cards, but I also like to alter junk. Well, some of it is junk, and some of it is just really cool "stuff." Here are two wall hangings I've made in the past week.

The first one was for the MOSD DT, and is made from two 6x12 clear album covers (from their Big Boy album) and a set of letters from the Build-a-Book program. As you can see I did not turn the letters into a book! I used the Basic Grey Sugared line of paper for this project. As my scrap club peeps know, I am on a mission to USE UP all that Basic Grey I've been hoarding! I also used some Creative Memories sticker quotes. I love their line of clear sticker sayings and quotes. Thanks Connie M. for hooking me up with those!




If you are thinking my husband and I look like babies in these photos, you aren't far off! He'd just turned 21 a few days before the wedding, and I was 22 years 7 months old. LOL That, my friends, was just a tad over 21 years ago. And if you get out your calculators, you will know exactly how old I am!

This next project I made as part of our make-n-take challenge for my scrap club (TNT at Ever After in Vista, CA). Lori (our fearless leader) gave us two panels made from...well it's sort of like MDF I think...not wood, but not chipboard either! Anyway, I made this wall hanging with the panels and the papers and goodies that came in our October kit. I think they may be American Crafts papers. It's all tied together with brown tulle. I also used some Hambly transparencies on the second panel. Lori gives us a great make-n-take kit each month, besides the club kit we get.



These photos were taken in September 2008 at Disneyland. It was nice of my kids to wear clothes that "went with" my papers! And NO these photos were NOT staged for the paper! I took the photos way before I got the kit!

Thanks for looking!

- Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment