Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

My family does not really celebrate Valentine's Day. My husband says it's a made up holiday and refuses to celebrate it. And, since he treats me like a queen the other 364 days of the year, he gets away with this thinking! He really does bring me flowers and chocolate all the time, pretty much weekly. And he's a prince of a husband. It also let's ME off the hook of trying to find something for HIM on Valentine's Day. Win-win. When my kids were younger, I used t buy them little goodies, but I don't really do that either these days. No one seems to mind. And I think my daughter will have a healthy outlook on Valentine's Day when she's older. She will learn that just because her future husband does not pony up with bling and flowers this one day of the year does not mean he does not love her!

All that said...I love the trappings of Valentine's Day. I love red and pink and flowers and chocolate. So I do indulge myself sometimes and I like to make cards and things for others, sometimes. So here is a sampling of what I made this year out of my Valentine's Day papers. (There is one more very cool project, but I cannot show that to you until next Friday! So wait for it!)

This layout was for the MOSD blog and also for the TNT challenge. I really "love" how it turned out. This is an old photo of my youngest son and me. I think he's nearly 2 in this photo.

This card was for a Crop Stop challenge. I was using up some Little Yellow Bicycle papers and playing with my Cuttlebug embossing folders.

I made this card for Lucy's challenge on Faith Sisters. Again, playing with the Cuttlebug folders. And my brand NEW Spellbinders heart Nesties! Love those guys too!

This last card was for a challenge on Card Patterns. I love the pom-pom ribbon! (Thanks Jacquie!)

As you can see, I seemed to be doing a red/black theme this year! It was all due to the Christine Adolph paper from Creative Imaginations (the red/black paper with musical notes). It just inspired me somehow.

Hope you have a happy Valentine's Day, no matter how you celebrate!

5 comments:

  1. Hi I love your layouts and am a San Diego Scrapbooker as well. I thought you may be interested in an upcoming National Scrapbook Day event.
    Check it out at my blog
    www.andreavenn.typepad.com
    Hope you can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gloria: You have a very nice banner and look to your blog! And your layouts are all so nice too! I signed up at Cropstop blog for the blog hop,so now I'm off to check out the other creative team members blogs.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to TTS! Cannot wait to see what you create and glad that you joined the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cuttlebug flower you did for the Crop Stop Challenge. I just came here from the Crop Stop Blog Hop and was thinking: "Hey, where have I seen this blog before?" Now I remember you entered one of the challenges at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog Hope you will come and play with us again.
    Meda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloria, Love your work...especially those pom poms:)

    Great Dine-O-Mite Recipe layout!

    ReplyDelete