Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Let's Luau!

I am still going to reveal some Apron Strings Designs pages this week...no matter how tired I am from Vacation Bible School! I survived the first day, but boy are my feet tired! But it was an awesome day and the kids had a blast! My husband is teaching the Kindergarten and First grade Bible lesson, and has 3 groups of 20+ children. His room decor was the hit of the day! Very creative and fun. I am the schedule keeper and putter outer of fires, so I was on my feet running around all day. Thankfully our VBS only goes until 12:30, so we are home by 1:30 or so, ready for a nap! (Our church is very small, so having almost 100 kids is HUGE for us!)

Ok, here is my luau page - actually it's a double page spread.

This is more Little Yellow Bicycle paper and Bazzill cardstock.

Everything is from the kit, except the Basic Grey alphas and I cut the flowers with a Cuttlebug die.

These photos are from our Hawaii trip in May. You can click on each photo to get a closer look.

Interesting tidbit...the TLC reality show, "Little Couple" was filming when we were at this resort. If you watched the Hawaii episode last week and saw the luau, there were a few shots of my family on TV! (We don't watch this show, but my friend does and she called and told my ds to turn on the TV. He set it to TiVo and we all got to see ourselves. What a hoot!) There was one shot of me and my kids in the food line and several shots of my oldest son during the dancing at the luau! The show celebs sat right in front of us, so the camera picked us up a few times. Also, one day they filmed the gentleman playing golf and the lady doing yoga, and it was right in front of our hotel room patio. So....I guess that's our 15 minutes of fame!

No comments:

Post a Comment