Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Simple Doodles New Release

Simple Doodles is releasing a few more digis this week. I made this card with the new heart bug. Is that the cutest bug ever?! (Forgive my photos. We are in the rainy season, so getting natural light is not happening!)

I made an A2 card out of Bazzill, then added this very fun Creative Imaginations date paper. I purchased two sheets of this February paper, partly because of Valentine's Day and partly because my birthday is in February! And I used my oval Nesties...naturally!

I colored the bug with sparkly paint. I have about 15 little pots of this sparkly paint! Why?! I have not used it in ages, if ever, but it worked out pretty well here. The black part is just watercolor. (Yep, just crayola watercolors!) I outlined the whole bug with a glitter pen.

The yummy bow is made from a strip of fabric. I have lots of fabric that I tear into strips to use as ribbon. I buy those "fat quarters" when they are in the sale bin. I don't sew, so you may ask why on earth do I hang out in the sewing section! You never know what cool stuff you'll find, that's why!I did my thing with buttons and pearls again. I love this look. It just adds that "something."

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. FABULOUS card, Gloria!!! Love the layout.....ribbon....buttons and how you have done the coloring on the ladybug.....totally great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! i luv the glitter paint and "ribbon" :) thanks for the tip as now i will check out the fabric section :) i don't sew so only go into it for lace lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it, love it, love it!!! Just too cute for words!!!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete