Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Lifetime Story Challenge #7

The My Lifetime Story challenge for today is to create a page or pages about your siblings. I have a lot of photos to scrap, so made this as a title page for my siblings section. I have 6 living siblings, and one sibling who passed away in 1961. There are no photos of my brother, Rex. Very sad. So I just put his birth/death information in the box. I used my brothers' military photos and for my sister and me, I used our high school photos. I created the collage with text in Photoshop, then printed it and scrapped it. (click the photo for a larger view)

I used Basic Grey Granola paper. The die cut letters are Ellison Go Slim. I also used a Martha Stewart border punch. This is a very simple layout for me! Not my normal style at all, but I like it anyway! (And yes, the photo of me is large. It was a landscape photo and to get it to fit I had to crop it like that. It's NOT because I think I am more important than my siblings...honest!)

Here is a page I created a while ago of my oldest brother and my dad. This was taken in 1949. I don't know this brother very well as he went to Vietnam when I was only 2, and was only home a short time after his discharge before moving away. I rarely see him, but did get some time with him this past summer. He was so great with my kids that I wish they could see him more often. He's almost as old as my husband's father, and was a wonderful surrogate grandpa! I am sure he does not want to be thought of like that, but I cannot help he's that old!

This is a layout I did a few years ago of my sister. It was for a slide mount challenge, of all things! Due to some family "issues" I've not seen or talked to my sister in a long time. It's something I pray about and hopefully things can change soon. I've asked God to soften both our hearts, but so far...it's not happened. She used to be like a second mother to me, and I do miss her. I love this photo of her, but I am sure she hates it! She is sporting one of those wonderful home perms! Poor kid!

3 comments:

  1. they are all awesome! and how wonderful to have such fond memories of your siblings :) my fav is the last one with all the items from the 50's oh and the home perm dew!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Layouts Gloria!!!

    ReplyDelete