Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Lifetime Story #12

I did not post a layout last week for My Lifetime Story. The challenge was a repeat of something I had done in an earlier challenge, so I skipped it. This week the challenge is to scrap about what you wanted to be when you grew up! How fun is that?!

I found this photo of me...reading. What else?! I think I was about 3 in this photo. The journaling says: From the time I was very small, all I ever wanted to do was work with books. I told my mom I wanted to be a "professional reader." I learned to read by age 2 and at age 4 I taught my Chinese-born babysitter to read English. The seeds of homeschooling were planted! In one way or another, I have worked with books my whole life. From writing manuals to teaching to reviewing - books rule!

The paper is Basic Grey. This layout has so few things on it, that I am not sure it's finished! I did make a fabbie flower using my new Tim Holtz die! I decided the paper was so busy that I could just go simple this week. I hope I can put this in my album and not obsess over it!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute layout and wonderful memory! I am so glad you were able to grow up to work with books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well look at that darling little book worm :) yup you were born to teach!!

    ReplyDelete