Saturday, August 13, 2011

Christian Paper Crafts Goes "Back to School"

On the 15th of each month Christian Paper Crafts opens the Design Team Delights private gallery for all Super Sisters and King’s Daughters subscription holders. The gallery is filled each month with projects created by the design team and special guests. These projects are exclusive to the Design Team Delights Gallery, so join us today and don’t miss a thing!

However, each month some of the DT show sneak peeks, called Gracious Glimpses to get you excited for the upcoming Design Team Delights gallery. The theme for August is “Back to School”. We’ve stretched the theme this month to include all kinds of learning, books, and knowledge…there are so many possibilities in these categories!

I have to tell you that I don't put things in the gallery due to my other design team obligations, but I do make a sneak peek each month (well, most months!). So, here is my Gracious Glimpse for August!


I used the NEW Graphic45 An ABC Primer papers and stamps to make a card. This can be a thank you card for a favorite teacher or be used to show your child how much you appreciate his/her hard work!

My two younger kids are still homeschooled (starting 11th and 6th grades on Monday!), and my oldest is a sophomore in college. So, we are still in "school mode" around here 10 months out of the year!


I used some of the fabbie new Graphic45 chipboard items. I love this new paper line and the addition of chipboard!

I hope you enjoy making some schoolish items this fall! Try to remember the teachers who give so much to your kids. And if you have a friend who homeschools, keep mind...maybe no one remembers HER! Send her a note to tell her she's appreciated!

ETA: CropStop Challenge 32 is Back to School, so I am entering this card in that also.
Supply List:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Stampin' Up!
Designer paper: Graphic45 An ABC Primer (Building Blocks, Bedtime Stories, An ABC Primer, Grammar School)
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Graphic45 Decades (photogenic, venetian lace)
Stamps: Hampton Art/Graphic45 An ABC Primer
Chipboard: Graphic45
Twine: May Arts
Ribbon: unknown
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG, Glue Dots
Dies: Spellbinders S5-028 Nested Pennants

10 comments:

  1. fantastic card Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so sweet! I saw it over on the CPC blog and thought it was adorable! I always enjoy "back to school" themed things! It always brings up happy memories! Thanks very much!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Gloria! i just love this collection by G45! I know a few home-schoolers and you are right, I never thought about them getting cards of thanks :) Great idea and reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I am done drooling on my computer screen, I can tell you that I think this is one fabulous card! I just love all the attention to school details in this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Gloria! Love all of the great details and the G45 pps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh lovin' this one gloria... just so darling!


    Thanks for playing with us at CropStop's Blog!

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock the school house, Gloria ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card. I just love it. I cannot wait to get this set of papers and stamps from Graphic 45. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh Gloria....I LoVe, LoVe, LoVe this!! Great take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete