Monday, December 05, 2011

Graphic 45 Gift Card Holder Tutorial


Welcome to another Graphic 45 Tutorial! Christmas is fast approaching and with it the need to complete some quick and easy gift card holders! This pretty holder is easy to make and very festive. It's the perfect way to give a gift card or a monetary gift for the holidays.


I combined Fashionista and Christmas Emporium papers for my project. I like to use papers that are not traditionally Christmas, but have the same color tones. This floral paper does the trick!

The tag pulls out of the decorated holder, making it easy to adhere a gift card to the tag with an adhesive dot or some tape.


To create this gift card holder follow the steps below.

1. Cut cardstock to 10 x 5 inches, making sure it is wide enough to fit your tag. I am using a packaging tag measuring slightly smaller than 4 inches wide.


I love to use left over Graphic 45 packaging. If you don't have a lot of this around, you can trace the shape onto cardstock or thin chipboard and get the same effect!

2. Score cardstock on the long edge at 5 inches.


3. Cut patterned paper to 4 7/8 x 4 7/8 inches. Attach to one half of scored cardstock. Use a hole punch or die cutting template to cut a notch at the top edge of your paper (the side away from the fold line).


I used a SpellbindersStandard Circles Large Nestabilites® die template to cut my hole.


Note: If your hole punch or die template cannot cut through all of the paper layers, cut them BEFORE attaching the printed paper to the cardstock.


4. Place adhesive onto the left and right edges of the wrong side of your cardstock.


5. Fold on the score line to create a pocket.


6. Make sure your tag will fit inside your pocket.


7. Decorate your tag and pocket as desired.


I covered my tag with printed paper and used lots of yummy May Arts ribbon. I decorated both my tag and pocket and used an elegant Christmas Emporium Stamp for the front of the pocket.


I glued some sparkly greenery and crystal pins to the edge of the pocket. I tied on the button with some twine. I love to marry the rustic look of twine with the elegant look of silk ribbon.


The sentiment stamp is from the other Christmas Emporium stamp set.

Make sure you stop by the Graphic 45 Blog for more inspiration. Plus, enter the Holiday Gift Tag Challenge! Contest ends December 15th.

Supply List:
Graphic 45 Supplies:
Graphic 45 paper:
Fashionista: Potpourri
Christmas Emporium: Toyland, All I Want For Christmas
Stamps: Christmas Emporium 1 and 2
Packaging from Envelope Tags Staples

Clearsnap: Colorbox Decades Antiquing Ink Dark Cashmere, Triumphant Red; Colorbox Fluid Chalk Chestnut Roan, Dark Brown, Warm Red
Spellbinders: Grand Calibur Die Cutting Machine, Standard Circles Large, Picot Edge Circles, Labels Eighteen
Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L: My Stik tape runner, 3D foam squares
Cardstock: Bazzill Pomegranate, Neenah Natural White
Embellishments: Prima leaves, Maya Road pins, May Arts ribbon and twine (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Fancy Pants button, Glue Dots adhesive dots, glue

7 comments:

  1. Great tutorial :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really pretty and the tutorial is great!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UNA IDEA GENIAL,GRACIAS POR COMPARTIRLO Y EXPLICARLO TAN BIEN.UN SALUDO.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful tag!! I love how you used two G45 lines ... Fashionista is one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your effort make it easy to follow..I will use it for my own Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its great making envelopes, I've been making them out of old vintage maps.Plastic Cards Printing
    a way to solve many printing problems.

    ReplyDelete