Monday, January 02, 2012

It's a Circus Around Here!

I've got a fantastic mini album to show you today! You all know my first love is card making, but a close second is making mini albums. I love making them and I love teaching others how to make them. Here is a fun one using Graphic 45 Le Cirque and Transatlantique papers.

I used a mini from Pinecone Press, with a few elements of my own thrown in. You know I cannot use anything the way it's designed, right?!


Just check out this bright and fun paper! Perfect for the circus here at my house, that's for sure!


This book is a 6x6 mini, but it's nice and full, with pockets, tags and other surprises.


Look at how colorful this is! It makes me happy just looking at it.


Page one: that little girl is a chipboard from Imaginarium Designs. I added some pearls for juggling balls.


Page two is a "waterfall" page. When you pull on the tag (where the yellow ribbon is) the sections flip over. It's very cool.


As you start to pull, you reveal a journaling block.


Here you can see all the sections flipped over.


Page 3: you can see how well the Transatlantique papers go with the Le Cirque papers.


I added a shaped journaling page here before Page 4.


Page 5 is a pocket page which holds more journaling pages or it can hold photos or even memorabilia. The chipboard numbers are from Imaginarium Designs.



Page 6: more Imaginarium Designs chipboard. This book is filled with that fabby stuff!




Page 8: another chipboard girl, this time she's holding a "ball" that I cut out of paper.


Between pages 7 and 8 I placed several tag pockets. I love tags!





The tags are double sided as well.



Page 10 is another pocket page. I filled it with....tags!



You can see how well the Imaginarium Designs chipboard takes the chalk ink! That blue is...WOW!



I used a Graphic 45 Black Policy Envelope between pages 11 and 12. I trimmed it down a bit to fit the width of the album, and then placed journaling pages inside.




Here is the back of the envelope.



The last page is a window page. When you pull up on the tag....


a window rolls up...


Showing another image or even a photo.


And there you have it. My first mini of the new year! I hope you enjoyed looking! Make sure you check out the Graphic 45 Blog to see more samples by the other designers! Plus, there is a FANTASTIC prize to win! Make sure you visit the G45 Blog and leave your comments for a chance at this amazing prize.



Supplies:
Designer paper: Graphic45 Le Cirque (Le Cirque, Bohemian Floral, Circus Parade, Magnifique, Wizards of Wonder, Dazzle and Delight, Greatest Show on Earth, Borders, Tags), Graphic45 Transatlantique (Souvenir Stripe, Pack Your Bags), Basic Grey Basics Manila
Stamps: Graphic45/Hampton Art Le Cirque 1, Papertrey Ink Just the Ticket
Mini Album: Pine Cone Press
Cardstock: Stampin' Up!, Bazzill Basics
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk (dark brown, chestnut roan, ice blue, French blue, yellow citrus, pumpkin spice, lipstick red, tangerine),Clearsnap Graphic45 Decades photogenic
Embellishments: Grommets from We R Memory Keepers, Chipboard shapes from Imaginarium Designs, pearls from Recollections, Graphic45 black policy envelope, ephemera from 7Gypsies, stickers from Jenni Bowlin Studios, button from Graphic45, ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon, mini clip from Idea-ology, brads from Karen Foster Designs
Die templates: Spellbinders (S4-114 Standard Circles Large, S4-116 Standard Circles Small, S4-169 Small Labels)
Tools: We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile, Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine
Adhesive: Scor-tape, Scotch 3M ATG, liquid glue, Glue Dots

8 comments:

  1. wow this is just gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! I love, love, love how interactive it is! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is one of my favorites Love the Graphics 45 you used and all the places for photos and journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, I especially love the "waterfall" page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful mini and what a wonderful blog!! Congratulations :-)

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came over from G45's blog because I was so intrigued by this mini! You have really outdone yourself Gloria, it truly is amazing! And that window at the end - how in the world did you do that?!!! If you ever get a chance, I would be so excited to see a tutorial! Have a great day, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore your designs. Such an eye for combining lines and making them usable. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so totally amazing! Love your work!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete