Monday, March 12, 2012

Tropical Destination - Graphic 45


When I saw the new Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue papers, I knew I wanted to scrap some of my Hawaii photos. I have a bunch of photos of flowers, taken when we vacationed there in 2009. I have been wanting to use the photos for a project for a while now. I also found this really cool photo of a peach and yellow bike online...and...my brain train just wanted to put them together! I guess we can fake like I took a bike tour of Hawaii, but we all know THAT didn't happen!

(bike photo courtesy of Re-cycle Art Aspen)

Since this project was for CHA, it did not need to be a "real" scrapbook page. Meaning, it's not for my personal albums - therefore I took some poetic license!


My husband took the flower photos. He does a great job with our little point-and-shoot camera.


My pal Jane gave me this chipboard bike (Imaginarium Designs). I inked it with yellow and orange ink, then embossed it with colored embossing powder. I did a few layers to give it an enamel look. I tried to match the colors of the bike in the photo.


This is one of those layouts that I am not so sure about. I spent a lot of time on it, but it's still sort of.....meh. I like the photos and the layers, and the chipboard bike, and all the grunge... but it did not really come together like I envisioned in my mind! As my husband says, "You can't hit a home run every time!"

If you want more Tropical Travelogue, you can download a FREE tutorial HERE. This is one I wrote for CHA Winter 2012.

Supply List:
Graphic 45 Supplies:
Graphic 45 papers:
Tropical Travelogue: Garden Isle, Seaside Holiday, Botanica, Island Jewel, Paradise Postage
Graphic 45: Tropical Travelogue Tags 2 (tickets covered with stickers); Tropical Travelogue Stickers; Tropical Travelogue Alphabet Stickers

Clearsnap: Colorbox Pigment Ink: Orange, Marigold, Canary
Clearsnap: Top Boss Embossing Powder: clear, yellow
Clearsnap: Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Ink: Dark Cashmere
Imaginarium Designs: chipboard bike
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: foam squares

American Crafts: orange, pink, black cardstock
Adhesive: white glue, Scotch 3M tape runner

1 comment:

  1. beautiful :)

    *i skipped the bike tour on the island also! lol

    ReplyDelete