Sunday, April 15, 2012

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #46

Time once again for the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge! This week the challenge calls for a project that is black, white, and one color...with ribbon.


Silly me, I did black, white, red for the last challenge. And then turned around and did it all over again for today! How can you go wrong with black, white, red?!

I used 1 1/4 inch wide Black Silk and 5/8 inch Red Sheer with Satin Stripes ribbons. When the light hits the satin/sheer ribbon, it sparkles!


I colored the image with Copic markers and added some Stickles to the diamond. My friend Melody is on the My Favorite Things DT, and she shares her stamps with me, lucky girl that I am!

A note about the sentiment: I stamp my sentiments, then line up the die templates, and tape them down with low tack painter's tape. Once the die template is taped to the paper, I cut, emboss, stencil. This way my sentiment is in the correct place within the die cut every time. Make sure to use a low tack tape or your paper will tear.

Make sure you stop by the RRR store and see what new goodies are up for grabs! Bonnie has all new twine, plus jute and burlap trims! I saw the trims at CHA and thought they were FANTASTIC!
Stamps: My Favorite Things A La Modes It Must Be Love; Hero Arts Everyday Sayings
Paper: Echo Park Yours Truly
Cardstock: American Crafts Black; Copic Xpress It White
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Ink Photogenic; Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Warm Red; Copic Markers
Die Cutting System: Spellbinders Grand Calibur; Spellbinders Fancy Tags; My Favorite Things Scallop Border (inside)
Rhinestones: Teresa Collins World Traveler
Glitter Glue: Ranger Stickles Star Dust
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon 1 1/4 inch wide Black Silk and 5/8 inch Red Sheer with Satin Stripes
Other Tools: Bow Easy
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape runner, foam tape; Beacon Fabri-tac

2 comments:

  1. very elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for explaining how you place the sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete