Thursday, May 23, 2013

Another Color Challenge

One of my Inspired by Stamping design team duties is to play in two challenges per month. I get to pick the challenges and the stamps that I want to use. 

This week I chose to play along in the Color Throwdown #243. I love the photo they chose to illustrate their challenge!


I think the colors in the swatch are all Stampin' Up colors. I just picked colors that seemed close and went from there.


There is no rule as to how much of each color you need to use, thankfully. I only used a tiny bit of the blue. But it's there! I stamped a sentiment from the Inspired by Stamping Big Wishes II set and then cut it out with the Fancy Labels 1 die template.


I sponges a bit of yellow ink onto the sentiment block. And I made a lovely bow for the top!


Nice and lumpy, as always! {grin}



I used another stamp from the Big Wishes II set for the inside. I also used one of the Washi Tape stamps. I am not sure it "goes" but I wanted to use it any way!
For more inspiration:



Stamps: Inspired by Stamping Big Wishes II, Washi Tape
Die cuts: Inspired by Stamping Fancy Labels 1
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers ColorMates Heritage Black, Heritage White
Designer paper:Echo Park For the Record 2 Documented; Simple Stories Harvest Lane
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; Clearsnap Colorbox Pigment Daffodil
Ribbon and button: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Twine: Craft store
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape runner; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Glue Dots adhesive dots

3 comments:

  1. Great birthday card! Love the bit of yellow sponging around the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this card. So beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at the CTD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your win at Color Throwdown! What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete