Tuesday, August 20, 2013

There is a Season (plus a WINNER WINNER WINNER!)

Hello everyone! It is my turn on the Couture Creations Blog today. But before we get started I have to announce the winner of my prize pack!


I have 2 Couture Creations embossing folders, 1 Couture Creations die set, a ki memories sentiment stamp set, 2 ki memories 6x6 paper pads, 1 ki memories glitter pack, 1 Hampton Art stamp, and a scented embossing powder up for grabs....

Using Random.org.....The winner is......

LeAnne said...
First, let me congratulate you on being our GD! Second, when I peeked at this card in our MM gallery, I couldn't WAIT to find out the maker of that sentiment. Now, I find it you're the designer!! How cool is THAT?! I hope I can find it at ACMoore! I love your sweet, simple design....the whole card reminds me of a piece of candy!

So, LeAnne, please contact me and I will get your prize in the mail. (My email is to the left, in the sidebar.)

Now, let's get busy! I have a fall-themed card to share this time.

I created a faux patina effect for this card. It is a fun way to get more use out of your folders! I used the Endless folder from the All Occasions set.


I used a brayer to add ink to the embossing folder. I used a selection of fall colors of dye ink. Make sure you add ink to the inside of the folder, on the section containing the black Couture Creations logo. 

Place cream cardstock into the folder and emboss. Wash your folder to prevent staining. Use a heat tool to make sure the ink on the cardstock is totally dry.


Create a "patina" by using a foam or sponge ink applicator to ink over the raised areas of the embossed paper with green, blue, and dark brown ink, in that order. Allow to dry. You may use a heat tool to dry the ink if you wish. 


Ink some of the raised areas with Watermark or clear embossing ink. You only want to heat emboss a few areas to create a "rusted" look on your card. Emboss with metallic embossing powder. I created my own "rust" powder by combining several powders together. 

Trim the paper to size and use it to create a card.




I cut out the sentiment with the Rectangle and Scallop Rectangle Nesting Dies and attached it to the card with foam tape.

Thanks for joining me today! 





Couture Creations Supplies Used:
Rectangle Nesting Dies
Scallop Rectangle Nesting Dies
Endless Embossing Folder

Couture Creations Tools Used:
Foam Mounting Tape
Craft Mat

Other Supplies:
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers ColorMates Light Totally Tan, Deep Terra-Cotta, Deep Spring Green
Rubber stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs
Stamping ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa, Kaleidacolor Cappuccino Delight; Clearsnap Colorbox Graphic 45 Decades Antique Moss, Bon Voyage, Dark Cashmere; Clearsnap Top Boss Watermark
Embossing powder: malachite, gold (Hampton Art), vintage photo (Ranger), copper metallic (Cosmic Shimmer)
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Wow...I love this card. The colors are gorgeous and love that scripture sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Gloria. I need to try this technique, thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, must try the inking of folder embossing (have put off as want to keep folders clean).
    Congrats to Lucky lucky winner! :))

    ReplyDelete