Friday, August 15, 2014

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps August Release


Welcome to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps August 2014 ReleaseDies seem to be the trend in card making right now and Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps has some fabulous new dies to release this month that coordinate with several of our summer stamp sets already available in the store! {This is a BIG post, so make sure you scroll down to see the project and the contest!}

Click HERE to purchase the bundle!

I have a project to share with you, plus a mini tutorial. 


I used the Happy Ocean Friends stamp and die set for this card. I love the cute, little sea critters! Plus, the dies are so easy to line up. I usually worry about coloring and cutting because I often mess up on the cutting part! But these dies are so easy to use!

I wanted my fish to "swim," so I created a little bobbing fish.


I stamped the goldfish image twice onto white cardstock with black dye ink. I colored both images with Copic markers. On the first image, I also stamped the bubbles with blue ink. I die cut the fish and bubbles image with a circle die template. While the paper was still in the template, I sponged on pale blue ink.

I used the Happy Ocean Friends die template to cut out the second goldfish. I sponged the edges with pale blue ink.


 I trimmed down an Action Wobble spring and attached the die cut fish to one end of the spring.  I attached the other end to the fish image which I had cut out in a circle shape.


Now, the die cut fish is popped up and sort of "jiggles"! 


I stamped a sentiment from the Happy Ocean Friends stamp set.


I decorated the inside of the card by stamping the images and sentiment onto white cardstock. I wanted to change the sentiment to "a birthday FISH for you"! But, that's just silly. {grin}


I used a lot of bright colors. I love the orange and blue combination. I think the orange twine looks like happy, orange seaweed. {Maybe not...}

Here is a peek at the card I will be sharing on Tuesday, August 19th, using products from this release!


I used the Beauty By the Sea stamps and die set! Lovely!

It wouldn't be a Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Release without fun prizes and a challenge so here are the details!

One random commenter from one of the Design Teams blogs will be selected to win a 
$10 Gift Code to be used at the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Store.  You have until Thursday, August 21st at midnight EST to leave your comments.  The winner will be posted on the 
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Blog on Friday, August 22nd! So zip on down and leave a comment!

Our Release Challenge this week is: Create a Summer-themed Card...and, Add a Die Cut!  You have until Thursday, August 21st at midnight EST to enter. One winner will be randomly selected to receive a $20 Gift Code to be used at the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Store.  If we have 25 participants (not including the DT), 2 winners will be selected to each receive a $20 Gift Code, so invite your friends to play along!  The winner (or winners) will be posted on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Blog on Friday, August 22nd. (Guidelines for the challenge are listed on the Sweet 'n Sassy blog!)

Just add your card to the gallery using the linky tool below. To be eligible for the prize, we ask that you create a new card (no back linking, please) and enter your card in no more than 3 challenges. Remember, you don't have to use a Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps image to enter, although we sure love when you do!

Please use code SNSAUG2014RC when uploading to Splitcoaststampers or other galleries.

Thanks for joining us today!








Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and Dies: Happy Ocean Friends
Cardstock: WorldWin ColorMates Dark Coffee Brown; Copic Blender Card White; Stampin' Up Whisper White
Designer paper: My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Fly a Kite
Other dies: Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and Small; My Favorite Things Sentiment Strips
Templates: Kiwi Lane Designs Sentiments 1B
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa; Ranger Distress Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade; Clearsnap Colorbox Pigment Robin's Egg
Markers: Copics
Ribbon: My Favorite Things Orange Fizz
Twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Button: unknown
Spring: Action Wobble
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Aleene's Tacky Glue

22 comments:

  1. How cute to use an action wobble under the fish! Love your card and the new dies!

    PS-Your polka dotted nails! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card, I have got to get me some of those wobble things to make some cards with, they just make the card so interactive and precious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wave you made with the patterned paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours on your card! Beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, love the layering of background papers on this one! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card Gloria. Love the sweet fish on the wobble thingy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable sea creatures!! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful cards! That fish is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a clever way to use the wobbles on the fish card! Love your adorable design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful tutorial, Gloria! Love the wobbly fish…how creative! Your second card is gorgeous. Love the design, and the stick pins, the touch of burlap, and the sand bottle are perfect accents for your stacked shells! Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the seashells! So so cute! And your wobble fish was great but funny enough, what I loved best what the inside of the card. Too often I forget about making that special...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable, and love the cluster of elements on Tuesdays peek.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing as usual! Love the bobbing fish idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute with your swimming/bobbing fish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The little glass jar of sand is SUCH a cute idea!!! The little pins are great, too. I'm going to have to try to find out where to buy those.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing cards! Love the jiggly wiggly fish! The little bottle of sand is a wonderful element! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that fun patchwork card with the wobbly fish!1 So much color and cute design

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great projects. Love the paper you choose for the first card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your card and the Beauty By The Sea stamps and dies need to come home to me!! LOL! LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Fingers crossed and TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yep...you surely sold me on these!! Love Love !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a bright happy card! Love the colors and all the layers. I'm sure anyone would love to get this for their birthday! And no, I don't think "birthday FISHES" is too silly! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this card. The wavy edge on the blue paper sets this card apart for me. Love that decision!

    ReplyDelete