Thursday, September 11, 2014

September Guest Designer for Leaky Shed Studio!


I am very excited to be the September guest designer at Leaky Shed Studio! I want to thank my pal Tracey Sabella for inviting me to be part of the Leaky Shed Blog this month! I love chipboard, and Leaky Shed has some of the BEST! 

I crated a 9 x 7 inch, Halloween home decor piece to share with you. I make at least one new fall or Halloween item every year. My husband does not celebrate Halloween, but I have a "thing" for vintage Halloween images. So....we compromise! I keep it tame and he lets me put it out for a few weeks in October! {grin}


I love Halloween colors. The oranges and greens are just so lovely. When I saw the Julie Nutting Designs Spooky doll in my chipboard pack from Leaky Shed, I knew what I wanted to do with her! I wanted to really deck her out! However, once I got going, I decided to keep her rather plain, and deck out the rest of the project! {funny how that happens!}

I started by cutting a piece of chipboard to 9 x 7 inches, and inking the edges with black ink. I added decorative paper (Graphic 45 An Eerie Tale) as the background. I trimmed out the pumpkin border (Graphic 45 A Place in Time October) to span the top of the project.


I colored the 8-inch Spooky doll with a white pencil, just to give her that pale, spooky glow. I colored her hair and mask with Copic markers. I added some glitter to her hair with a glitter pen. I added glitter to her mask and to the little spider webs with glue and loose glitter.

I created her dress out of paper, edged with black ink. (Graphic 45 Happy Haunting)


I nestled the Clock #1 next to the doll. It fit perfectly into the curve next to her hip! I inked the clock chipboard with black ink and then dabbed it with Delicata Silvery Shimmer pigment ink. This brand of ink dries very quickly and is a beautiful color. {Be careful with this ink. The lids don't stay on very well. Do NOT pick them up by the lid! I dropped mine repeatedly and it landed face down on the hardwood floor! Yikes!} I used the same ink for the clock hands and the Watch Parts.


I  backed the center of the clock with decorative paper (Graphic 45 An Eerie Tale). And then I added fussy cut images all around the bottom of the clock. Once I had all the images placed where I wanted, I decided to add dimensional pieces. I used olive pigment ink to ink up the Small Flower Corner, which I trimmed in half in order to use it in two locations.


I added paper flowers and the Watch Parts chipboard, plus a few other fussy cut images to the display. I wanted this to look full and dimensional. I wanted to fussy cut more items and add more layers, but my arthritis had other plans! So, I cheated and went with pre-made flowers!


I used some foam squares to pop some items. I also added some "vines" by curling the flower stems that I cut off the flowers. Nothing goes to waste in my studio!


I finished off the piece with a polka dotted bow and a "button" that I cut from some of the paper. To give the "button" more dimension, I stacked it on top of 3 cardstock circles.

Thanks for reading! I enjoyed my guest spot today!


Leaky Shed Studio products:

Other products:
Designer paper: Graphic 45 An Eerie Tale, Happy Haunting, A Place in Time
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon September Ribbon Club
Markers: Copic, Sakura, Zig
Pencil: Prismacolor
Ink: Tsukineko Delicata Silvery Shimmer, Memento Tuxedo Black; Clearsnap Colorbox Pigment Olive
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Chipboard tag: Graphic 45 Happy Haunting
Brad: Tim Holtz Idea-ology long fastener
Glitter: Hampton Art
Circle punches: Stampin' Up!
Scissors: Fiskars
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Aleene's Tacky Glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Glue Dots





5 comments:

  1. Wow Gloria! This is fabulous! Love the clock works. Your placement of many flowers is always perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria this is even better now that I see it on the scene instead of my phone, I love the products that they carry, will have to go do a little shopping. Wonder if I can get something like this done before Halloween, I only have 4 trips planned between now and then. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This rocks, Gloria! You know I love G45, and I adore all of Julie's dolls. Adding these to the Leaky Shed chips & throwing in all the embellies creates quite a project. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just fabulous!A really cool and creative job well done! :)

    ReplyDelete