Monday, November 17, 2014

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #20

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #20 posts today!  Remember, you have two weeks to play in the new challenge, which closes November 30th at midnight PT.

Challenge #20 Box it Up!
Your challenge is to create some sort of altered box. You can create a box from scratch, or you can alter a pre-made box. Your box can be made of paper, wood, chipboard, plastic, or metal. As long as you dig into your hoard to decorate a box, you have met the challenge requirements! The box does not have to be used as a box...it can be used as home decor or for any purpose you can imagine. Let's box it up!

I made a "Who House" with my boxes! I have the ScoreBoard die that cuts out three small boxes, 2 1/2", 2 1/4", and 1 1/2". I stacked those guys up and made this fun project!



I used one of the large size for the bottom, and then balanced one medium and two small boxes on top. An engineering feat! Too bad I was an electrical engineer and not a civil engineer! {grin} Each box is cut from lightweight chipboard, approximately the weight of a cereal box, or a tad thicker. 


I covered each box with Heartfelt Creations Festive Christmas paper. I had been working with the paper for a project that you will see on Wednesday, and I was like...hey, lets use some more of THAT!

The scrumptious ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and is called...wait for it...Vintage Christmas!


I used Heartfelt Creations SunKissed Fleur stamps and dies to create my flowers. I shaped them to look like poinsettias, and then added gold beads to the centers. I dry-brushed each petal with white paint.


I have hoarded that vintage pine tree for a while. I finally had some use for him! So cute. I tucked lots of tags into the boxes. I had to use some paper "sticks" to make them "float" in the air. Basically, I glued the ticket to a strip of cardstock, and then glued the other end of the paper strip into the box. 



Lots of glue was harmed in the making of this project! I confess it is a bit topsy-turvy! 


I added a few bits of Christmas floral sprays that I snagged a the craft store last year during the after-Christmas sales. I love the fake ice on the berries!



Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed looking at my wobbly, Whoville box!


Read the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Rules are HERE. LINK your project up using the Link Tool on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog

Make sure you visit the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Design Team and check out what they have to share! 

Amber Milone

Christy Butters
Debbie Seyer
Donna Idlet
Ginny Nemchak (on vacation)
Kathy Clement (on vacation)
Pam Bray
Wendi Robinson

One talented participant will receive this prize donated by Heather Hudson of My Artistic Adventures:


For more information about the design team and prize sponsor companies, and their links, please see the end of the Craft Hoarders post HERE.

Cardstock: WorldWin Racy Raspberry, Lightweight Chipboard; other maroon, cinnamon 
Designer paper: Heartfelt Creations Festive Christmas Collection
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Vintage Christmas
Ink: Ranger Distress Vintage Photo, Aged Mahogany, Pine Needles
Stamps: Heartfelt Creations SunKissed Fleur,  Open Leaf
Die: Heartfelt Creations Luggage and Tags, Sun Kissed Fleur, Classic Leaf ; Sizzix ScorBoards XL Blocks/Cubes 3D
Paint: Plaid FolkArt Wicker White acrylic
Wire: Artistic Wire gold
Beads: unknown
Floral spray: Michaels
Tree: Art Minds
Bow tool: Zutter Bow-it-All
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue; Beacon Fabri-tac; Glue Dots; Scor-tape

14 comments:

  1. WOW, I love this! I love how you've stacked all the boxes!!! I really want to make one for Christmas and Halloween! OHHHHH IN LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing project! Where do you find the time for all you do! You make me ashamed of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness girlfriend, you've set the standard pretty darn high with this beauty. Stunning job here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous project, it's very beautiful.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is sooo gorgeous!! LOVE your box tower, perfect thing to put out for the holidays!!!! i always drool over anything you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my Word, Gloria! You have set the standard pretty high for this challenge! (No pun intended) I am a lover of boxes, and yes, I hoard them, all neatly folded up if they fold, so I CANNOT skip this challenge! You have been a great inspiration with your tower here; love every single right angle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gloria, your project is fantastic! Wow- what a great challenge- your team is amazing! Hopping off to see what else people have done... Thanks so much for using the Artist Trading Blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow! there is so much to see in this..really well balanced and they seem to behave well too, lol!I loved your flowers Gloria and all those tags in the boxes..Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your project is gorgeous! Love the tower of boxes and the paper is to die for! Love all the elements you added too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Gloria this is just AMAZING and SO MUCH FUN! It would take me a year to do this! Where do you find the time to create all the amazing creations you make!?! WELL DONE ... so impressed and inspired!
    TOO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing project for the challenge Gloria, I just love all the stacked boxes, I'm like you the more the better, lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am soooo in love with this Whoville box! You are just amazing, my friend. I love the papers, the ribbon, the flowers, and all the other bits. Ok, can you please forward this to my house? (You see I really need it. I named my baby sister Cindy Louise after Cindy Lou Who when I was 10. No joke.)
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your balancing alone makes me green with envy. This is so cool the height, layers and all the elements.
    Absolutely love!

    ReplyDelete