Monday, August 15, 2016

Canvas Corp Brands and Dare 2B Artzy Blog Hop

If you are looking for the CutCardStock "Back to School" post, please click HERE.

Good morning, Crafters! I am participating in a fun product match-up blog hop today! Canvas Corp Brands has teamed up with Dare 2B Artzy Clear Stamps! I was given a box of goodies to play with and my mission (should I chose to accept it) was to share a technique using ink!
Well, I have THREE techniques to share! Seriously, you cannot give me a box of inks and mists and glazes and say, just do ONE thing!
I created a 6" x 5" top-fold card from black cardstock. I cut a piece of Black and Kraft Barbed Wire Cardstock to 5 7/8" x 4 7/8" and sponged the edges with Paradise Ink. I wrapped the kraft cardstock with Cord Rope - Natural. The rope is quite thick, so I pulled the fibers apart to get three, thinner strands. I attached the kraft panel to the card front with foam adhesive.

I sprayed a piece of Canvas with glimmer mist and allowed it to dry. Once the ink was dry, I added some layers of glimmer glaze and set that aside to dry. I stamped the large image from the Dream Catcher set onto the canvas with permanent black ink. After the ink was dry, I die cut the image with a circle die and attach the piece to the card front.
I layered a piece of Avocado Burlap onto the left side of the card. Then, using the Paradise, Pumpkin, and Sunset Yellow Premium Inks I sponged a piece of Garden Words on Ivory Reverse Cardstock with an ombre pattern, Starting at the bottom, I sponged the Paradise ink and then gradually faded into the Sunset Yellow (which created a green "bridge" color). I then faded into the Pumpkin orange. I trimmed the inked paper to 6" 1 3/4" and attached it to the burlap. 

To create the feathers, I first stamped the images (Dream Catcher set) onto ivory cardstock with white ink. Next, I heat embossed the images with white embossing powder and allowed the images to cool. Using the same ombre technique described above, I colored each feather. I wiped the ink off the embossed areas with a dry cloth. Using the D16 Feather Die, I cut out each feather. I attached the feathers with foam adhesive. 
I stamped a portion of the sentiment from the Dream Catcher set onto ivory cardstock with black ink. I cut the sentiment into a banner shape and attach it to the card. I added an Avocado Mini Clothespin to the top of the feathers. 

Take a look, leave a comment on the CCB Blog, include the #d2baccbmatchup!!! Then tell us your favorite social media site – Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and follow us there. You will then be eligible for this gift package from Dare 2B Artzy, plus a $25 gift card from Canvas Corp Brands to spend in the online shop
Blog Hop List - CCB Team:
Canvas Corp Blog
Gloria Stengel - you are here
Monica Edwards
Kim Rippere

Blog Hop List - D2BA Team:

Dare 2 B Artzy Blog
Chris Olson Pozzi
Karen Nofziger
Tonya Meyer


CCB Products:
Black on Ivory Cardstock
Black and Kraft Barbed Wire Cardstock
Garden Words on Ivory Reverse Cardstock
12x12 Burlap Sheet - Avocado
12x12 Canvas Sheet - Canvas
Mini Clothespins - Avacado
Cord Rope - Natural
Glimmer Mist - Sun Sisters, Limeade
Glimmer Glaze - Desert Sun
Shimmers Paint - Yellow-green

Dare2BArtzy Products:
Dream Catcher Clear Stamps
Feather Die
Premium Inks (Paradise, Pumpkin, Sunset Yellow)

Other Products:
Dies: My Favorite Things Sentiment Strips, Spellbinders Standard Circles Small
Ink: My Favorite Thins Sweet Tooth, Versafine Onyx Black
Embossing powder: Hampton Art white
Adhesive: ATG tape runner, foam adhesive

2 comments:

  1. Gloria, this is such a beautiful card and so inspiring using these wonderful products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, this is such a beautiful card and so inspiring using these wonderful products!

    ReplyDelete