Wednesday, July 04, 2018

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

Happy Independence Day! A few of us over at the Authentique Design Team are celebrating by having another patriotic hop!


I love creating patriotic themed projects! For the hop I created an 8" x 8" scrapbook page/home decor piece.

The photo of the flag and Declaration is actually a sticker! I used that instead of one of my own photos, but the space will fit a photo that is 3 1/2" x 3 1/8" or a bit larger. I decided to create a collage piece to sit on my entry table for the summer. 
I combined two Authentique collections, Heroic and Glory. Both are older/retired collections, but you can find some of the pieces online (see the supply list below.) I pulled out my patriotic bin and just pulled things to use for this project. It was a great way to use up some scraps and bits and pieces leftover from other projects.

I pulled out my tiny rosette dies and my pinwheel dies! I have not used either of these dies in a while. It was fun to give them some love!
I used up some old stickers and some flowers. I also found a tiny calendar that has a 2012 date on it...I just covered the year up and let a bit of the calendar peek out. {tricksy}
I used some bingo card printables as well, that I purchased about 5 or 6 years ago! I also used my nested star dies, which I jazzed up with some white gel pen and some buttons.
And, what is 4th of July without a banner?! I used some banner dies to create a pennant banner for the top of my layout.
Thanks for hopping along today! Have a wonderful 4th!


Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down 
his life for his friends.  ~John 15:13


Authentique Supplies:
Glory 12x12 paper: Pride, Allegiance, United
Glory Details Stickers
Glory Elements Stickers
Heroic 6x6 Paper Pad

Other Supplies:
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Flag Blue, Medium Berry Red, Natural
Stickers: Pebbles Real Life
Bingo cards: Jenni Bowlin
Calendar: Pretty Little Studios
Enamel dots: Eyelet Outlet
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Buttons, mini brad: my stash
Dies: Taylored Expressions Pinwheel Parade, Papertrey Ink Banners and Toppers, My Favorite Things Stitched Star Stax, Tim Holtz Mini Paper Rosettes, Papertrey Ink Notched Star Banner
Circle punch: Stampin' Up 3/4"
Gel pen: Sakura white
Adhesive: hot glue, white glue, ATG tape, Scor-tape, foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Gloria, this is such a beautiful home decor piece, I love the layering and those beautiful flowers you added. This will make a wonderful display on your entry table. Happy 4th July to your and yours! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a marvelous piece, Gloria! The layers and all those terrific embellishments really set the tone for a jubilant display! Thanks for the tips and inspiration - and I hope you and your family had a terrific holiday!

    ReplyDelete