Wednesday, October 10, 2018

October CardMaps - Thanksgiving

Hello, Friends! Before we get started today, I want to wish my AMAZING daughter, Laura, a happy 23rd birthday! She is a special young lady and I am so proud of her! She is about to embark on a trip to Israel with her Grandmother...please keep them in prayer! 

Today I will be sharing another of the October CardMaps (from Becky Fleck at PageMaps)!
Here is the CardMap for today:
I love how simple this CardMap is. You can created clean and simple cards, or a layered card, or any style in between. You can use pre-made images or color an image for the focal point. The possibilities are endless!
I decided to go with a Thanksgiving theme for this card, mostly because I loved that turkey die cut image from the Authentique Pleasant Collection! He is an amazing Tom Turkey!

The finished card is 5" tall and 7" wide. I love polka dots and stripes, and plaids and gingham...oh my!


I tied a yummy bow using Sherry and Ivory Plaid ribbon. I made a bow "topper" out of another of the die cuts and some Brown Burlap String. I just LOVE that plaid bow! 

I decorated the inside of the card with more elements from the paper collection. There is lots of white space to write a message.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope that you are enjoying my sketch projects. Try this sketch for yourself! 



Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon 
Sherry and Ivory PlaidBrown Burlap String
Printed paper and die cuts:  Authentique Pleasant Collection
Cardstock: WorldWin Brown, Natural
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Dies: My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Stax, Spellbinders Standard Circles Large, Small
Adhesive: white glue, hot glue, ATG tape, Scor-tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love this card. And the inside is fantastic, too. I rarely make 5x7's, but I think I will give this one a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! Love these new Authentique papers you used too!!

    ReplyDelete