Monday, March 11, 2019

Trio of Baby Cards - Authentique Swaddle

Good morning, Crafters! It is my day to showcase Authentique PapersLet's talk baby cards! I am at an age when some of my friends are becoming grandmothers. None of my adult children are married yet, so I am in the grandma waiting line. However, I sometimes have a young mom in my life and have need to mail out a baby card. I always love the Authentique baby collections, and Swaddle Boy and Swaddle Girl are both ADORABLE!
I decided to create a baby boy card, a baby girl card, and a "we do not know yet" card. We were surprised by our daughter (who is the middle child) but ultra sounds had confirmed both our boys. I remember crying to my dad that I had no pink items on hand when Laura was born! My mom was already with us to help out, but Dad had stayed behind. Well, my dad sent me a huge box of pink items! You have to picture my man's man, gruff, dusty, working-man dad picking out cute, pink baby stuff! I wish I had video!
 My favorite image in these collections is this sweet, sleeping baby! I love blue, and think the shades of blue in Swaddle Boy are just wonderful. I love this little guy with his little bear! 

The card is a top-fold 7" x 5" card with a very simple design. I decided to hold off on ribbons and flowers for this one!
I have a "thing" for buttons, so it was an easy task to find some matching buttons in my stash. I tied each button with twine and then glued them in place.  
The inside of the card has a tuck spot for a gift card and a space to write a message. The sentiments I used for this card are from the Swaddle Boy Elements Cardstock Die Cuts.
I chose two shades of Spectrum Cardstock to mach the paper: Old Glory and Caribbean. 
I don't often make pink cards, so it's always a treat when I get the chance. I wanted to celebrate all that is feminine and sweet with this card. (My daughter would disagree about pink being feminine...she hates pink! She used to love lavender, but now that she's an "old lady" of 23, I mostly see her wear shades of blue!)

This card is also a top-fold 7" x 5" card.
I found some pink gingham ruffle ribbon in my stash and also some thin gingham of almost the same shade. I love how it looks on the top of the card with the pale pink rose!
I used some deco scissors to cut out two of the quilt squares from  Swaddle Girl Four paper. Then I smudged the edges with some pink ink. The pink button and twine add such a sweet touch! 
 The inside of the card is plain. I used some Spectrum Tickled Pink Cardstock for the inside, plus a stamped sentiment. You can tuck a gift card behind the sentiment block.
The main image on this card is from the Swaddle Girl Bundle 6x6 Paper Pad
While it's rare today, there are still some parents who chose not to find out the sex of their baby. I wanted to make a card that could be used for either a boy or a girl. I reasoned that if a girl's card had a bit of blue on it, no one would freak out. But, if a boy card has some pink one it, everyone gets all crazy!  
I sorted through all the Swaddle Boy and Girl papers and chose those with yellow and brown elements. The little shoes are from the Swaddle Boy Elements Cardstock Die Cuts so there is some blue going on there! I think it balances out fine and is not overtly masculine. 

And before you all send me emails, those baby feet are a stamp I have had for decades! It has one of the big box store's label on it...the one starting with "M"! 
I used Spectrum Antique Lace Cardstock for the inside of the card. Soft and pretty!
The doily on the front of the card is cut from Spectrum Mustard Seed. It is not really the correct shade, but by the time I noticed that it was "off" I had finished the card! Plus, out of the Spectrum yellows, it's the best match anyway!

Thanks for joining me today! 



Authentique Supplies Used:
Swaddle Boy and Swaddle Girl Collections: 12x12 paper, Elements die cuts, 6x6 paper pad
Spectrum Cardstock: Old Glory, Caribbean, Tickled Pink, Antique Lace, Mustard Seed

Additional Supplies: 
Cardstock: WorldWind dark brown and Natural
Buttons: my stash
Trims: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Enamel dots: Whimsy Stamps
Stamps: Avery Elle Oh Happy Day, Michael's baby feet
Ink: Ranger Distress Spun Sugar, Memento Rich Cocoa
Die cut shapes: Spellbinders circles, My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Stax, Elizabeth Crafts Stitched Rectangles
Adhesive: ATG tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares, 3M foam tape, Scor-tape, hot glue

4 comments:

  1. Sooo soooo adorable and gorgeous cards here today. I´m totally in love with all of them, you did such an awesome job on all here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prachtige serie kaarten. Groetjes Janny

    ReplyDelete