Wednesday, April 24, 2019

April CardMaps - Mr. Wonderful

Hello, Friends! I am at Jury Duty today. I do hope that they aren't needing jurors for too many trials! I really don't know if I am up for sitting for days on end listening to testimony! But, the last two times I was dismissed either during the pre-trial happenings or before I got picked, so I am sure today is my day! 

However, I am sharing the last of my April CardMaps (from Becky Fleck at PageMaps) projects!
Here is the CardMap for today:
I probably make vertical cards more often than any other shape, so I was excited to see this cardmap. It is so sweet and feminine, so of course I made....a masculine card!
This is a 7" tall by 5" wide card, and perfect for Father's Day or a masculine birthday card. I am in love with the Authentique Mister paper collection. It is so rare to get papers for men and boys that don't have sports or hunting on them! 
I tried to follow the sketch closely, since I was changing the tone and theme of the sketch.I used black cardstock for my card base, then added some cream (natural) layers. 
I have bins of brads and gears and other metal items. They are perfect for masculine projects. Do you love this image?! My dad was always tinkering at his workbenches (yes, plural) and I found it so fascinating to look at all the tools and bits and bobs he kept around. He could fix or make anything! My husband is cut from the same cloth. While he does not have a workbench, he's still very handy and fixes all manner of things around the house! 
I decorated the inside of this one because I will probably give to my husband for Father's Day. I always like to have the inside ready to go when I need a card!
I love that sticker sentiment! So true!
Make sure to go visit Becky's site and see all the inspiration! Thanks for stopping by today. 


Printed paper and stickers: Authentique Mister

Cardstock: WorldWin Black, Natural
Twine: Natural Burlap String, Brown Burlap String
Metal gears: 7Gypsies (steering wheel shape), Really Reasonable Ribbon metal charms 
Mini brads: stash
Dies: My Favorite Things Frames, Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplates
Stamp: Stampin' Up Simply Wonderful
Ink: Ranger Distress Brushed Corduroy
Adhesive: ATG tape, Scor-tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares, hot glue, white glue

1 comment: