Tuesday, August 27, 2019

2019 - 2020 Coloring Series Announced...and a WINNER!

Hello coloring fans! I have finally decided on our next coloring series! After reading all the comments and suggestions, and looking through all of my stash of both digital and physical stamps, I made a choice!

I know there were quite a few folks who wanted me to do 12 months of Christmas. And I really did think about that option for a few weeks. However, I thought I may get tired of doing Christmas images for so long, and then I may abandon the project! Who wants that?!


So, I have decided to do another 12 months of Power Poppy images! I will try to incorporate both the digital images and some physical images (clear stamps), and I will also find some more masculine images for some of the months. Each image will correspond in some way to the month and season. As a twist...we won't always color flowers...and there will be something unique about each flower image which I will reveal on September 5th! 

I will also add sentiments to the images and we will make the coloring projects into cards of varying sizes! At the end of the series we will have made at least 12 lovely cards! There will be some months when I will create two cards, one for the ladies and one for the gents! That's TWO ways to color one stamp! Double the fun!

I will also be sharing more in-depth photos of the various stages of coloring, plus giving you some coloring tips. If you wish to color along we will use Copic markers and Prismacolor colored pencils. But, you can use what supplies you have on hand. I am exploring some video "color with me" tutorials, but that is not 100% set in stone!

Our new series will begin September 5th. 
A new project will appear the 5th of each month,
September 2019 - August 2020.

Now...on to our prize draw winner!
Our lucky winner will receive a $10 USD gift card to the Power Poppy online store!

Our randomly chosen comment is....

WINNER WINNER WINNER!

I tried to pick a favorite(s). Tulips and Sunflowers won. Your technique is amazing and the results - WOW. I love all the depth you get with the shading. I learn something from you each month. I would love you to continue with monthly images. You could do seasonal images: Winter (Snow scene, Christmas, Snowflakes), Spring (flowers, rain showers, sunshine), Summer (poppies, memorial day, 4th of july, at the beach), Fall (back to school, fall leaves, sunflowers). Anything you do will be wonderful!

Jane, please contact me using the "Contact Form" on the right sidebar. I will need your current email so that I can email the E-gift card to you! Congratulations, Jane!

Edited to add: This is NOT a class of any kind. However, I do hope to make each monthly post more of a tutorial than I have in the past to make it easier to follow along.

For those wanting the Copic chart pictured above, it is a download from Sandy Allnock, called the Copic Hex Chart. It sells for $5.99 and you can print it as many times as you wish. There are lots of free charts, including this one HERE

I will see you on Thursday, September 5th (which just happens to be my 32nd wedding anniversary)!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. this sounds fun :) is it an in person class or on line class?
    and (last question lol) where can i find that chart to keep track of my copics?? thanks :)

    congrats to Jane and happy anniversary to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not really a class, Rose. I just do a blog post once a month with a new coloring project. I plan to make it a bit more of a tutorial this year rather than just an info post like the past series. There are lots of charts for Copics. Do a Google search and then print the one you love. I will go back and edit the post to link the chart I am showing in the photo above. ;)

      Delete
    2. I see, thanks for the info :) off to google now and will be back to see your "teaching/tutorial :)

      Delete
    3. Rose, you can always email me (or use the Blogger Contact Form) to ask any questions you may have! ;) Hugs!

      Delete