Friday, August 23, 2019

Graphic 45 Joy to the World Card Folio

Hello and Merry Christmas, G45 Fans! I know, it is far too early for Christmas projects, but...is it really?! Raise your hand if you hope to make all your Christmas cards, and mail them, BEFORE Christmas! Christmas 2019! Right?! So, it is high time to get started!
I am in love with the NEW Joy to the World CollectionThe beautiful color palette of traditional red and green paired with gold, blue, and pink is just stunning! I think that the vintage postcard feel of this collection is perfect! My two favorite images that G45 uses are postcards and postage stamps! 
I created an 8” x 8” card folio with space for two photos on the inside. This is perfect for a holiday table display, or as a fun card to send to a special person.
I used the 12x12 collection pack, the 12x12 patterns and solids pad, and the 8x8 paper pad for this project. You can make this with just the 12x12 Collection Pack, but I had all the parts and pieces, so I used EVERYTHING! The large ephemera card is perfect as the focal image!
I created a lovely Christmas flower cluster, all topped with a sparkling dove and a jingle bell. I can almost feel the snow falling...and hear actual bells ringing!
Nothing says “holiday project” quite like a little glitter and some velvet leaves! The paper is so pretty, and seems to sparkle, too!
To tie the various colors together, I rubbed all the papers with Decades Triumphant Red ink. Giving the blue and gold, and yes even the pink, papers a bit of a red blush around the edges just makes everything pop!
The card opens to give you space for two photos (or some journaling)! I rubbed the photo mats with more of the Triumphant Red ink, just for fun! 

Tip: I used a die cut template to cut doilies for this project, but you can buy pre-made doilies in the cake and candy decorating section of most craft stores. To give them extra pizzazz, rub them with ink!
The chipboard pieces and the tags and pockets punch-outs are great ways to add interest and texture to the project. 
Tip: When using stickers, attach them to a piece of scrap cardstock or chipboard to give them extra substance. To create a tuck spot, only glue the outside edge of the sticker or border strip - that way you can slide a photo underneath.
Before I leave you today, I wanted to answer a question about what I use for envelopes when I mail cards of this size. If I need to mail a big card, I will use a box or a padded mailer of some sort. It is work the extra postage to protect the card. I purchase these items on Amazon or at my local mail supply store.

If I will hand deliver a card this size, I make an envelope using my WRMK envelope punch board. It is possible to make an envelope from a 12" x 12" piece of paper for an 8" x 8" card. However, if the card is extra lumpy like this one, that won't work as there is not enough "give" in the paper. You can use larger paper or even wrapping paper. Another option is making or buying a suitable box!

Thanks for looking!


Graphic 45 Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used:
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers ColorMates Original Deep Spring Green, WorldWin Papers Smooth Natural, Bazzill Watermelon
Leaves and flowers: Petaloo (velvet leaves), Wild Orchid Crafts (flowers and buds), craft supply (berries)
Various Christmas embellishments: my stas
Pigment ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Rosebud, Orchid
Doily die: Cheery Lynn Designs
Banner dies: My Favorite Things
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares, ATG tape, white glue, hot glue, Scor-tape

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project, Gloria.The folio layout deisgn is so inspiring. This truly gets me in the mood to start my Christmas card and gift making. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it...one of these years I am going to make one of these...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not like you don't have choices. hee hee hee I sure miss you, my friend!!!

      Delete