Friday, September 27, 2019

Murder Mystery Mini Album - Graphic 45

Good morning, mini album fans! I have a fun one for you today! I pulled out some Graphic 45 papers from my stash and created a murder mystery themed album! 
I had two collections in my "inventory" that I had never used: Master Detective and Rare Oddities! I combined those collections with Steampunk Spells and a few other patterns and solids to come up with this Sherlock Holmesian album!
I wanted to create an album that would be perfect to hold photos from a mystery night, or a room break event. These things are all the rage right now, and how fun to have a scrapbook album themed for a murder mystery party! 

This is quite a large "mini" album. It is 10" tall, 8 1/2" wide, with a 2 1/2" spine! It can fit both 5x7 and slightly trimmed down 8x10 photos! 
You will notice that the front cover is plain with no decoration except the paper. That is because the Master Detective Signature sheet that I used for the cover and spine is a Search and Find!  
There is a list of things to find hidden on the cover and spine! Is that not fun?! And just a little hilarious?! 
This book holds more than 70 photos! Plus there are spaces for journaling and spots to tuck away ephemera and memorabilia!
My inspiration for the inside layout of the album came from a video I saw on the Your Book of Memories YouTube channel. Frances created a cute fall themed album, and I really liked her layout so I recreated some of her ideas for my book. (You can find her video HERE.)
My book has four page sets, plus extra page flaps, pockets, and tuck spots! The pages are 9 1/2" x 8". 

You need four hinges for this book, each measuring 1/2", with a 1/2" gutter between each hinge. The hinge mechanism is 9 1/2" tall. If you need help creating an accordion style or tab style hinge system, please search this blog, or search on YouTube. There are tons of FREE tutorials to follow.
I combined all my collections to use the black, orange, green, purple, and cream color scheme. Graphic 45 collections use many of the same colors, making it easy to mix and match! 
The steampunk feel of Rare Oddities and Steampunk Spells were both a perfect match for Master Detective! All these collections are retired, but many of you will have some in your stash, or perhaps can find them online. If not, choose YOUR favorite theme and give this larger style book a try! 
The album has plenty of photo mats and journaling spots!  
Both the front and back inside covers have space for more photos. 
There is even a waterfall page feature!

I will NOT be creating a tutorial for this album because I used Frances Long's project video as inspiration. My project is not 100% like hers, and I did use my own measurements, construction plan, and style. However, she sells a tutorial for her version and I did not want to put up a free tutorial under those circumstances. I hope you understand my reasons for not doing a full tutorial Please, visit Frances' channel HERE

To see an information video and a walk through of my project, view the video below!



Thanks for watching! Please leave a comment or a "thumbs up" on my video to show you liked it!
 Have a mysterious day! 




Graphic 45 Supplies Used:
Master Detective Collection: 12x12 Collection Pack, 12x12 Patterns and Solids Pad, Chipboard, Tags and Pockets
Midnight Masquerade Collection: 12x12 Patterns and Solids Pad
Safari Adventure Collection: 12x12 Patterns and Solids Pad, 6x6 Patterns and Solids Pad
Rare Oddities Collection: 12x12 Paper Pad, 6x6 Patterns and Solids Pad, Ephemera Cards, Chipboard
Steampunk Spell Collection: 12x12 Paper Pad, 6x6 Patterns and Solids Pad, Sticker Sheet
Happy Haunting Collection: 12x12 Paper Pad
Chipboard (I used similar)

Other Supplies Used:
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Black
Chipboard: Grafix white/kraft heavy weight
Pens: Tombow Brush Black Marker, Bic Mark It Tuxedo Black, Adobe Orange
Enamel Dots: Eyelet Outlet matte white
Magnets: Basic Grey Large
Tools: Martha Stewart dripping goo punch, Kadomaru Pro corner punch, EK Success 1 1/2" circle punch
Adhesive: ATG tape, white glue, Scor-tape


1 comment:

  1. This is absolut amazing Gloria. I´m always on for a really good Criminal movie, and this album would just be sooo me. Unfortunately I´ve never had these collections, but I´m really totally sold here on ypour album. What a fabulous job on this one, well done. I LOVE it all here.

    ReplyDelete