Monday, October 28, 2019

Pretty Princess Journal - Graphic 45

Hello, and good morning! Can you believe that November is almost here?! It has been hot here (in the 90's) so it still feels like summer, not like fall in the least bit! So, with all this hot, dry weather hanging around, I decided to take a little break from making Halloween and Thanksgiving projects and make something PINK!
I pulled out the Graphic 45 Princess Collection and had some fun! This is another collection that I have had in my stash for a while and had not yet cut into! (I know...I buy things and then...life happens!)

I decided to use this sweet collection to make a journal. Remember when I made THIS journal, I told you that you could buy extra inserts? I had some extra notebooks, and decided to make my own journal from scratch and add the G45 notebooks to it! 
I created my journal to be 9" tall, 5" wide, with a 1 1/4" spine. Inside there are two notebooks and a waterfall photo element. If you wish to make your own journal, follow the directions HERE (this journal is slightly smaller, but it is easy to adjust measurements and number of notebooks).  
I added lots of yummy seam binding as tie closures, and for decor on the spine. The front of the journal has one of the Princess Ephemera Cards and lots of flowers
I love seam binding! You can buy it in tons of colors (HERE) or you can buy the white and color it yourself to match any project! 
I love to add some fun to the spine of my journals. If you plan to take your journal out and about with you, and maybe put it into your bag or purse,  you may want to keep the covers and spine a bit plain and flat.  
Inside the front cover there is space for a photo and some journaling. The cover of the first notebook also have a journaling flap. 
The first notebook has lined paper, and also has a pocket and tag in the front.
And another pocket and tag in the back. I used the G45 Large Kraft Tags (with 1" cut off the bottom).
The second notebook has watercolor paper. If you want to make your own notebooks, they should measure approximately 8 1/4" x 4 1/2" to fit this size journal.
This notebook also has pockets and tags. 
Feel free to decorate your notebook pages as well. 
The back of the journal has a waterfall that can hold 21 photos! For help creating a waterfall element, please see THIS tutorial (scroll down until you see the section on making a waterfall).

To see all the pages, please view the video below.




Thanks for watching! If you liked the video, please give it a thumbs up!

 I am happy you came by to visit me today! I hope you enjoyed my little project!



Graphic 45 Supplies Used:
Princes Collection (12x12 Collection Pack, 8x8 Paper Pad, 12x12 Patterns and Solids Pad, Tags and Pockets, Chipboard, Ephemera Cards)
Chipboard (used similar)

Other Supplies Used:
Cardstock: WorldWin Kraft, Natural
Seam binding: Really Reasonable Ribbon melon, rose, cream (died with ink)
Flowers and buds: Wild Orchid Crafts
Dies: My Favorite Things Rectangle Scallop Frame
Elastic cord: craft supply

3 comments:

  1. A delightful journal, Gloria. Like how you've incorporated the notebooks with designs that unify the whole project. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I purchase this book(pretty princess journal)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This project is a one of a kind, hand made item and is not available for sale. There is no printable tutorial. The base journal is available on the Graphic 45 website, under Staples Embellishments/Albums and is called "Travel Album with Notebook Set." The paper pack is retired as this post is from 2019. Hope this helps.

      Delete