Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Celebrate Winter Card

Good morning, Authentique Paper Fans! Happy New Year! I pray many blessing upon you for 2020! 
For those of you experiencing a cold, snowy winter, this card is for you! I have not lived through a "real" winter in over 15 years! Winter for us is having under 60 degrees for a daytime high! Which happens pretty rarely! This time of hear we usually have temperatures between 63-69 degrees (Fahrenheit) during the day. I do miss how pretty the snowfall is, but I do NOT miss driving in it or shoveling it. And I certainly do NOT miss getting all my kids dressed in snowsuits only for someone to have to potty as soon as I get my own snow gear on! 
This sweet angel boy looks fantastic in his snow gear! I used one of the cut-apart images from the Snowfall Collection as the focal point of this 6" x 6" card. I really love how frosty the image looks!

I used several prints from the collection for the background, using just the gray and green color combination.
I then piled on a lot of ribbon and embellishments. I added lots of silver to the green and white to give this card a true winter vibe. 

This is the perfect card for a winter birthday or anniversary. Or, if you are like me and totally did not manage to send out Christmas cards, you could go with a flat version of this card and mail out New Year's cards!
Thanks for looking!


Authentique Supplies Used:

Snowfall Collection: 12x12 paper, die cut shapes

Additional Supplies Used:  black and ivory cardstock, silver doily, ribbon, various winter-themed embellishments and florals, enamel dots, snowflake sequins, various adhesives

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Gloria. Like the image from the Authentique pad.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful card, you also have a nice blog. I started to follow you. I want to invite you to come and take a look at my blog and maybe you would like to follow me too
    My blog is corryscardandcreations
    Hugs corry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Corry! I will pay your blog a visit!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! This Celebrate Winter card is absolutely gorgeous! Luv those gray and green colors together! So so beautiful! I would of missed this if not for the RRR blog hop this month! Hugs, Suzy Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you had a stroll through the latest projects! Have a great week!

      Delete