Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Welcome Spring - Lace Card

Hello, and Happy 2020 Y'all!! I am pretty sure just yesterday we were ringing in the year 2000....and I had just discovered I was expecting a baby...who will be TWENTY in August! Seriously, it happened in the blink of my eye!

I am here with my first Amazing Paper Grace Guest DT project! I will have a new project each week during January. Becca sent me a lovely selection of dies to use, so here goes!
I used the Candlewick Lace Card Front for this card project. The set comes with two dies, a background and a lace "topper." I cut the background from blue paper and the lace topper from pale blue cardstock. 
The finished card is 5" x 7", so it is a standard size, but I got crazy with all that ribbon...which you'd need to remove if you want to actually mail this card in a standard envelope!

I dug into my stash of Graphic 45 Botanical Tea papers for this project. I was in the mood for some spring-time colors and motifs after so many weeks of all Christmas all the time. 
I popped up some fussy cut butterflies so that they would seem to fly off the page!

The intricate design on the die is just spectacular! I have also seen this embossed, rather than cut out...and it is stunning that way, too! 
Of course I had to jazz up the inside of the card, too! I have been hoarding this paper for ages, and it's time I used some of it up, right?!
I hope you enjoyed my project! I will be back next Tuesday with another Amazing Paper Grace pile of eye candy! {smile}




Dies: Amazing Paper Grace/Spellbinders Candlewick Lace Card Front
Printed paper/chipboard: Graphic 45 Botanical Tea, Seasons Patterns and Solids
Cardstock: WorldWin Natural, CutCardStock PopTone Snocone
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Yellow/Pink Sheer Ombre; sheer blue (saved packaging ribbon); Swiss dot (unknown)
Adhesive: ATG tape, foam tape, hot glue, white glue

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful projects, and your blog is amazing.I love it .I started to follow you.
    I want to invite you to come and take a look at my blog and maybe you would like to follow me too
    my blog is corryscardandcreations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is just amazing and I really enjoyed the post. I will be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete