Wednesday, March 25, 2020

His and Hers Pop-up Cards with Graphic 45

Hello, Readers. I know everyone is going through a rough time just now. My thoughts and prayers are with those who are sick, those who are worried, and those who are just going a bit stir crazy. For me, praying and taking time with the Lord, reading His word, is helping me to stay on track. This is also a perfect time to clean and sort things, to read that stack of books, to finish some projects...or perhaps to start some new ones!

I encourage you to get outside, if you can. Nothing makes you feel better than a bit of fresh air and sunshine! God's Creation is a wondrous place, even when things look bleak and scary. 

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

I have been in the studio a little bit, creating a few things, but nothing complicated or too large or time consuming. I find I just don't have the "band width" to tackle anything particularity massive just now. I am mostly trying to use up some leftover bits, or things I cut for another project but never used, and so forth. 

So, for today, I have a duo of cards for you to look at. What can be more fun than His and Hers Pop-up Cards?!
I created the "Hers" card using the Fashion Forward Collection and the "His" card using the Safari Adventure Collection. The projects are identical in construction, I just switched out the papers. 
 I do have a tutorial for this style of card HERE. And there is another version HERE. Once you get the hang of it, these are pretty easy to make. I love them as a way to give an extra special card to someone! 
The cards are standard note card (A2) size, and close with a removable band. The pop-up mechanism is bit "lumpy" so having the band in place helps keep it all tidy! 
I closed this band with a clip, keeping with a more masculine theme. I am using the original Safari Adventure collection, so I have the ephemera cards and some extra chipboard to use up.    
The ephemera cards makes a great card front, with the added dimension of the chipboard pieces, it's simple but not too plain. 
When you open the card, the pop-up unfolds giving you four spots to add images, ephemera, photos, or more gift cards! I used the cut aparts from the 8x8 pad.
I added a gift card pocket as well. Who wouldn't love a $50 gift card?! 
I would mail this in a padded or cardboard envelope since it's a bit thick for a normal envelope.  
For the "Hers" version I used the bright and lovely Fashion Forward Collection. These colors are so amazing! I had a lot of things pre-cut that I did not use in an earlier project, so I wanted to use them up!
The closure band for this card is held together with magnets on the back of the band. I glued a bunch of bright flowers to the band. Those colors together are such a bright pop! 
Like the Safari Adventure version, the pop-up section folds out when the card is opened. I trimmed some of the cut aparts to fit each panel. 
I am in love with these hot pinks and purples! Just what we need during these dreary, rainy days! 
 Do you have a friend who could use a cheery card right now?!
This card is a bit thick with the pop-up and the flowers, but mailing it in a padded mailer or in a small box will work a treat! 
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy some crafting days during this self-quarantine time! If there is a way I can pray for you specifically, please leave me a comment! If you are in "forced homeschooling" and need some advice, let me know! We homeschooled preK through 12th grade, over 18 years! I would love to help!



Paper and chipboard: Graphic 45 Safari Adventure, Fashion Forward
Magnets: Basic Grey
Clip: Tim Holtz
Twine: Natural Burlap String
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls: Graphic 45 Matte Pearl Gems
Cardstock: WorldWin Midnight
Dies: My Favorite Things gift card holder
Adhesive: ATG tape, Scor-tape, hot glue, white glue, foam dots

5 comments:

  1. So very nice. Thank you for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love these fun cards, G!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv these fun pop up cards! And yes they are fun to make! Yours are both adorable!!! And luv your 2 tutorial cards too! Thanks for sharing! Stay healthy and safe. Suzy Q

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria, thanks for the prayers and well wishes...and especially thanks for these cards. I've only used this pop up design once but love the results so your fabulous cards have inspired me to make more of them during these stay-at-home times. Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Beautiful! I never made one of these but I do have the time now. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete