Monday, June 15, 2020

Saying Good-bye to Graphic 45 - Summertime Card Folios

Well, my Graphic 45 Brand Ambassador term came to an end June 1st. I had decided back in January that I would not re-apply to the team, but it was still really difficult to NOT send in my application this year! I have worked with G45 off and on since 2010, so it was hard for me to once again shut the door on the opportunity to be part of such a wonderful company.

But, I have to do the best thing for me in this season of my life. I still love G45, and in fact I just purchased the NEW Fairy Wings collection and the Home Sweet Home DCE! I will be sharing some things when I can, I promise!

Here is the last project I made for the team. I don't think they were able to share it on their blog, so I am just going to share here. If you want to see the good-bye post they did and see what projects they chose to share, click HERE.

I love making 8” x 8” card folios! These extra-large cards are a wonderful way to incorporate photos, messages, and gift cards all in one special gift! I have created three summertime folios using the Fruit and Flora, Ocean Blue, and Safari Adventure Collections.

Each of the folios features a decorated front cover with a special die cut message, which is created using the Graphic 45 Sentiment Dies.

There are two inside panels for photos and messages, plus each back panel has space for extra photos.

To create each folio cut one piece of cardstock to 8" x 8". Cut a second piece of cardstock to 8" x 8 1/2". Score the second piece on the long side at 1/2" to make a second 8" x 8" panel with a ½” tab. Fold and burnish the score line.

Note: I used deep wine cardstock for the Fruit and Flora card, ivory for the Ocean Blue card, and black for the Safari Adventure card.

Attach the two pieces of cardstock together by the tab to create a folio that is 8" tall and 16" wide. Make sure the fold is on the left-hand side of the folio, so that the folio opens like a book.

I used the Fruit and Flora paper to decorate the front cover, adding the chipboard butterfly shape to the center area.

I added lots of white and ivory flowers, with hints of yellow and green. I also added a white doily, plus I die cut the words “hello friend” from wine colored cardstock.

The inside of the card has space for a large photo on the left. I also created a small pocket from one of the ephemera cards, and I tucked another ephemera card inside the pocket. The right panel has mats for two circular photos, and lots of space to write a message on the large ephemera card.

The back of the folio is decorated with another circular photo mat and an ephemera card. I stamped the word “friend” using the Sentiment Stamps.

I wanted to create one card that was a bit more on the masculine side, so I chose the Safari Adventure Collection (see the Deluxe Collector's Edition). All of the darker colors, especially mixed with black, tan, and brown work great for a more masculine look.

My son told me that flowers can be for guys, too, so I used some! I die cut “congrats” for this card. I can use it for a graduation card, or even for someone going on a mission trip, or having a retirement party!

I used one of the larger ephemera cardts to create a pocket on the right panel, flipping the orientation from the Fruit and Flora version. I tucked a square tag into the pocket.

Note: I love the ephemera cards for this collection! I know that the DCE does not come with these pieces, but I had them left from the original collection and wanted to use them here. The DCE does have the fronts of the ephemera cards as cut aparts.

The back of the card has space for a photo and some journaling. I also die cut the word “celebrate” from ivory cardstock.

Nothing says summer like the Ocean Blue Collection! Several of my loved ones have summer birthdays, including my youngest son who will turn 20 in August!

I used one of the large ephemera cards as the base for my message.

I added flowers and a seahorse charm to the pre-printed area of the ephemera card. I also added some of the die cut shells found in the Ocean Blue Die Cut Assortment. The die cut “happy birthday” phrase looks amazing!

The inside of this folio is a bit different in that I did not create a pocket, but rather added a tuck spot to the large photo mat on the left panel. I die cut “celebrate” from the blue patterns and solids paper. I stamped “just for you” onto the bottom of the ephemera card on the right panel using dark blue ink.

Here is a look at the back of the card. All those blues look so refreshing!

Thanks for looking! For more information and directions for creating this style of folio, please see a folio series I created using many of the past G45 collections (click HERE).





Graphic 45 Supplies Used:
Fruit and Flora Collection Pack
Fruit and Flora Patterns and Solids Pad
Fruit and Flora Chipboard
Fruit and Flora Ephemera and Journaling Cards
Fruit and Flora Die Cut Assortment
Safari Adventure 12x12 Pad (or use DCE)
Safari Adventure Ephemera and Journaling Cards
Safari Adventure Chipboard (also part of the DCE)
Ocean Blue Collection Pack
Ocean Blue Patterns and Solids Pad
Ocean Blue 8x8 Pad
Ocean Blue Ephemera and Journaling Cards
Ocean Blue Die Cut Assortment
Rose Bouquet Collection - Bon Voyage and French Blue
Sentiment Stamps
Folder and Sentiment Dies
Square Tag and Clock Dies
Square Tags - Black

Other Supplies Used:
Ivory cardstock
Black cardstock
Deep wine cardstock
Beads
Charms
Flowers
Brads
Enamel dots
Black twine
Adhesive
Tools: Circle dies, corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment